Subscribe our Weekly Newsletter
Applications Invited for Water Science Policy Photostory Competition 2022-23
Organization: Water Science Policy
Event Duration: 31 Jan. 2023 - 14 Feb. 2023
Apply By: 14 Feb 2023
About the Organization
Water Science Policy (WSP) is a multilingual multimedia platform that delivers insider water-related content to all. Founded in May 2020 by a graduate cohort of the University of Oxfords School of Geography and the Environment, WSP now comprises over 100 volunteers from more than 25 different countries. We believe that solving the water puzzle can help to address biodiversity loss, climate change impacts, unsustainable food production and urbanization around the world. And of course, the most challenging goal is to reach the billions of people that remain without access to affordable water and sanitation.
About the Event
The UN 2023 Water Conference in New York, 22-24 March 2023, is a crucial occasion to take stock of the water situation, jointly reflect and devise meaningful and innovative approaches, and thereby laying out an action agenda to tackle the water crises and help achieve SDG 6. It is clear that meaningful progress to attain SDG 6 can only be made if everyone comes together. Partnership and Cooperation is not just the theme, it is also a demand for the world, countries, organisations, and individuals to come together and join hands, ideas and efforts so that everyone can enjoy access to clean, safe and affordable water.
A picture tells a thousand words. Across history, art has been used as a way to disseminate information, tell stories and inspire action. The winning submissions of this competition wield the power to inspire millions by telling stories of how people come together to improve water resources, connect the unconnected, celebrate life and value nature.
Photography turns abstract concepts into visual realities, tells inspiring stories in an instant, and helps spread awareness of issues through accessible means. We anticipate to elevate inspiring stories of collaboration by hosting this competition.
Building on UNESCO’s cross-disciplinary mandate on culture, education and natural sciences, Water Science Policy, under the patronage of UNESCO’s World Water Assessment Program, is facilitating this photostory competition. It is intended to:
- Raise awareness on the intertwined relationship between water and the various dimensions of culture, from heritage to arts and creativity, in the past and present;
- Demonstrate how culture could effectively support the sustainable use and management of water;
- Inform on policy-making relating to water use and management, especially using the cross-cutting perspectives of relevant stakeholders, including artists, cultural practitioners and civil society organisations, and contribute to joint actions in the international water agenda.
The three winners will be officially announced on the 26th of February 2023 and receive a financial prize. The top 15 winning pieces will be exhibited at the UN 2023 Water Conference in New York, March 2023, a prestigious event which will shape the way we manage water over the next decade. All submissions will be considered for inclusion in a photo book and for publication via Water Science Policy’s website. Anyone published receives a free photo book.
- 1st place: 400€ + published via WSPs website + featured in photo-book + free photo-book copy + displayed in New York during UN 2023 Water Conference
- 2nd place: 200€ + published via WSPs website + featured in photo-book + free photo-book copy + displayed in New York during UN 2023 Water Conference
- 3rd place: 100€ + published via WSPs website + featured in photo-book + free photo-book copy + displayed in New York during UN 2023 Water Conference
- 12 merits: published via WSPs website + featured in photo-book + free photo-book copy + displayed in New York during UN 2023 Water Conference
How to Apply
- 5-10 photographs which tell a story of ‘water, partnerships and cooperation’.
- Each photo should be numbered and have a short caption.
- Photos should be in .jpg or .png with a resolution of at least 1920x1080.
- Each entrant can submit up to three (3) photostories. Each story will be judged individually.
If you are up to the challenge, you can now submit your photostories to firstname.lastname@example.org until 14th February 2023.
- 1 Word or .pdf file written in Calibri font, size 11, with title, overall story of 200-500 words, names of the author(s), country and location of the photostory, and listed captions for each of the pictures.
- 5-15 photos. Photos should be numbered with related short captions. Photos should be in .jpg or .png with a resolution of at least 1920x1080.
- 1 Word or .pdf file with signed Photo Licence Agreement
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd