Applications Invited for Business Partnership Facility - Enterprises for SDGs 2020
Organization: King Baudouin Foundation (KBF)
Apply By: 07 Sep 2020
Grant Amount: 200 Euro
Business Partnership Facility - Enterprises for SDGs
About the Organization:
King Baudouin Foundation (KBF) is an independent, pluralistic foundation based in Brussels (Belgium). They seek to change society for the better and invests in inspiring projects and individuals. The Foundation supports projects in Belgium and at the European and international level. To support their international goal, the KBF set up a US public charity and an office in New York City.
What is it about?
On the initiative of, and with financing from the Directorate-General for Development Cooperation (DGD), the Business Partnership Facility awards subsidies to support and develop private sector involvement in Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in developing countries.
The projects targeted by this call must contribute to achieving at least one clearly- identified SDG.
The Facility aims to simultaneously achieve two types of result:
- social impact: creation and maintenance of jobs, improvement in average income for families with low incomes, access to affordable goods and services for those on low incomes (by gender), inclusion and economic development of women and young people with low incomes, positive impact on the environment through saving resources, reducing emissions and by preserving biodiversity etc.;
- economic viability: partnerships must clearly explain how the supported initiatives will become sustainable, present a competitive financial performance and show signs of potential scalability and replication.
This call for projects is planned for a period of 5 years so you can submit an application at any time. See “Timing” on the left to know the next deadline. After the preselection and ESG screening, they will forward the application forms to the independent selection committee which meets twice a year and makes the final selection.
Who is it for?
- Each applicant must be part of a partnership that brings together actors from the private sector, civil society, academia and/or the public sector. The partnership must comprise at least one organisation from the for-profit private sector.
- Partners may be Belgian, European or international legal entities, under public or private law.
As set out in the regulations of the call for projects, the selection of projects will take place in two phases: a pre-selection phase, conducted together with the DGD and the KBF, secondly the final selection by an independent jury, on the basis of 10 criteria:
- Effects the project will have on development
- Economic, environmental and social sustainability and good governance
- Innovation, replicability and scalability
- Impact on the sector or market
- Experience and capacities of the beneficiary
- Degree of co-financing
- Synergy and complementarity with other actors
As impact on development is the main objective, defined by the Belgian development cooperation, it is requested that the proposals are results-oriented., with a limited number of indicators to evaluate the impact on development. In order to enhance the impact of development, partnerships may seek consultancy via the BPF regarding results-oriented management and the scaling-up of their initiative.
Financial support: up to € 200.000
If you are not very familiar with computers: 02-500 4 555 or email@example.com.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd