Applications Invited for PHF's India Open Grants Fund 2020
Organization: Paul Hamlyn Foundation
Apply By: 25 Aug 2020
Grant Amount: 0 INR
India Open Grants Fund to NGOs Supporting Vulnerable Communities in India
About the Organization:
Paul Hamlyn Foundation was established by Paul Hamlyn in 1987. Their mission is to help people overcome disadvantage and lack of opportunity, so that they can realise their potential and enjoy fulfilling and creative lives.They have a particular interest in supporting young people and a strong belief in the importance of the arts.
India open grants fund
This Fund seeks to meet their strategic aim to enable vulnerable communities living in priority geographical areas to improve their lives.
Among vulnerable communities we include the following as a non exclusive, indicative list of special interest groups that they will work with in both rural and urban areas:
- Ultra poor families in mixed communities
- Dalit communities, particularly those involved with inhuman occupations
- Tribal communities fighting for or dispossessed of their land and resources
- Disabled people, particularly children
- Communities with little or no access to health services
- Communities with little or no access to education
- Unorganised labour
This fund assists NGOs to consciously design and develop programmes which assist vulnerable communities to build on their strengths, ensure that their rights and entitlements are not usurped and help them deal with the critical factors that make them vulnerable.
- Organisations supported within the India programme have to be local Indian NGOs with Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) registration.
- They do not support non-Indian organisations or locally registered branches of non-Indian organisations. They do not support organisations without FCRA registration (please note that we do not work on prior permission).
- They do not support political or religious institutions.
- If you do choose to pursue an application for support from the Paul Hamlyn Foundation, please ensure that you do it directly and not through consultants or fundraisers.
- They prefer to work with organisations that have self-imposed and self-implemented policies on honesty and transparency in their finances and operations that are of the highest standard. We also prefer to work with organisations whose strategies and activities are formed on the basis of community leadership or participation, local knowledge and experience.
They will not support:
- Individuals or proposals for the benefit of one individual
- Retrospective funding for work that has already started
- General circulars/appeals
- Proposals that solely concentrate on the purchasing of property, equipment or other capital items
- Overseas activities, including travel, expeditions, adventure and residential courses
Size of grants
There is no minimum or maximum grant size. The amount you request should be the amount you need. They normally expect the amount requested to be a substantial part of the amount required to fund a distinct activity, or a substantial part of the work of your organisation. They are unlikely to fund 100 per cent of the costs. They prefer to make grants where you and/or another funder are also contributing, preferably in cash, towards the cost of the activity you are asking us to fund.
Duration of grants: The length of grant depends on the proposed activity. Typically, they support new grantees for one or two years to support organisational adjustments prior to awarding funding for longer periods.
Applications for work under our Open Grants Fund can be made at any time. Applications are assessed in March and October each year.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd