Applications Invited for WFP Innovation Accelerator 2020
Organization: World Food Programme (WFP)
Apply By: 09 Mar 2020
Grant Amount: 100000 USD
About the Organization:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Innovation Accelerator:
The WFP Innovation Accelerator identifies nurtures and scales bold solutions to hunger globally. They support WFP innovators and external start-ups and companies through financial support, access to a network of experts and a global field reach.
They believe the way forward in the fight against hunger is not necessarily in building grand plans, but identifying and testing solutions in an agile way. The Innovation Accelerator is a space where the world can find out what works and what doesn’t in address hunger—a place where we can be bold, and fail as well as succeed.
What They Offer:
- Funding: Apply to receive up to $100,000 in equity-free funding, with further funding dependent upon progress and measurable achievement of key targets
- Access to WFP Operations: Successful teams will work with WFP units on the ground to further develop and refine their solutions
- Hands-On Support: You'll have the chance to work with technical and industry mentors who will provide guidance and accelerate your progress.
- Networking: Teams will be able to tap into and leverage our strong network of public, private, and government partners to accelerate implementation.
How It Works:
- At the Bootcamp in Munich, Germany, selected teams deep dive field-level challenges, ideate solutions and refine project plans. WFP introduces participants to cutting-edge innovation techniques, such as human-centred design and lean start-up, to create viable business models and use cases for WFP and its beneficiaries.
- The week-long Bootcamp culminates with Pitch Night – an opportunity for teams to share their solutions with an audience of investors and industry leaders who can help them bring to scale.
- The best teams are selected to participate in a 3- to 6-month Sprint Programme, where they receive up to USD 100,000 in funding, field access and hands-on support, so that they can test the solution’s impact and scalability for WFP. To support implementation, the Accelerator helps teams connect with a global network of mentors, including private sector and non-profit experts, donors and WFP Country Offices.
If you are a start-up:
- Your start-up must be incorporated at the time of application. It can be for profit or not-for-profit.
- Your innovation must at least be at the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage. Proof-of-concept and initial traction is preferred.
- Your solution should be financially viable.
- Your proposal must show how working with WFP will serve your long-term strategy.
If you are a WFP employee:
- Your team must have evidence of Country Office support and management buy-in.
- You are encouraged to apply, regardless of your contract type or function.
- They accept project applications from WFP employees who are collaborating with NGOs, government or private sectors.
How They Select Innovations:
Applications submitted to the WFP Innovation Accelerator are assessed according to a standard set of criteria, and are reviewed by both WFP and external experts. Please note that they prioritize projects that are designed alongside our core users—vulnerable communities—and that show initial traction and market validation to ensure impact and maximize cost effectiveness. We are looking for innovations that meet the following expectations:
- Impact for the people we serve and potential to reach Zero Hunger
- Feasibility, including time to deliver impact, technology maturity, and user traction
- Level of innovation
- Financial sustainability with a clear business case that does not rely on WFP funding
- Team strength, experience, and commitment
2020 Programme Dates:
- Application Deadline: 9 March 2020
- Innovation Bootcamp: TBD June 2020
- Pitch Night: TBD June 2020
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd