Call for proposal under Science & Heritage Research Initiative (SHRI) Programme
Organization: Department of Science & Technology (DST)
Apply By: 31 Jul 2021
Call for proposal under SHRI Programme
About the Organization:
Department of Science & Technology (DST) was established in May 1971, with the objective of promoting new areas of Science & Technology and to play the role of a nodal department for organizing, coordinating and promoting S&T activities in the country. The Department of Science & Technology plays a pivotal role in promotion of science & technology in the country. The department has wide ranging activities ranging from promoting high end basic research and development of cutting edge technologies on one hand to service the technological requirements of the common man through development of appropriate skills and technologies on the other.
Aims and Objectives:
The SHRI has been envisaged to:-
- Understand and document the Science and Technology behind the Heritage.
- Build capacity in human resources, and encourage new researchers to work in these areas.
- Promote scientific R&D activities, for conservation of Heritage objects which may include material deterioration process, preservation techniques, intervention technologies, new materials, processes for restoration and diagnostic technologies along with actual field application.
- Safeguard the use, representations, expressions, knowledge and techniques, communities, groups, and in some cases individuals, recognized as an integral part of our cultural heritage.
- To explore new approaches, state-of-art technology, to preserve the heritage and ancient art works which witnessed the evolution and growth of human civilization.
- Promote application of advanced knowledge of archaeometry in a range of fields.
- Promote R&D activities and technological advancement in Tribal Arts for value addition.
- Develop Heritage Entrepreneurship Models to bring Economic and Social changes
- Promote traditional food practices
- Identify and establish backward and forward linkages for sustainable propagation of the heritage techniques, practices and products
To broadband the research activities, with a strong focus on the relationship between tangible and intangible culture, and to explore intervention techniques, to promote, and enhance heritage science innovations, and contributions of our rich heritage, towards the culture and the economy of the Nation.
The envisaged thrust areas are:-
- Physical Space for Heritage
- Digital Space for Heritage
- Technologies for Textile Heritage
- Traditional Agricultural Practices
- Technologies for Tangible Heritage
- Technologies for Intangible Heritage
Depending on the objectives of the activities specified in the call for proposal, launched from time to time, the projects could be proposed by:
- Academicians and scientists working in public/private/ voluntary sector, S&T based voluntary organization;
- Academic and R&D Institutions, State Government bodies such as S&T Councils, Autonomous bodies working in Heritage sector; and
- Network of individuals/ institutions will be considered favorably in the event where project activities require multi-disciplinary multi-institutional participation. Several such possible options could include research work, by academic/R&D institutions in association with Industry/ NGO, demonstration in consortia mode involving R&D institution/industry/NGO, state government line departments, S&T field groups and local panchayats.
In case of heritage practices and products the stakeholder participation is essential.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd