RFP for conducting Socio Economic Impact Study of beneficiaries financed under various schemes of NMDFC
Apply By: 28 Sep 2022
Sub: – Notice inviting tenders for Socio Economic Impact Study of beneficiaries financed under schemes Term Loan, Education Loan, Micro Finance, Kaushal se Kushalta, Mahila Samriddhi Yojana, Marketing Assistance during F.Y. 2018-19, 2019-2020 and 2020-21, Impact Study of beneficiaries participated in the Hunar Haat exhibitions conducted by NMDFC during F.Y. 2018-19 to 2021-22, Impact Study of CSR programmes of NMDFC conducted during F.Y. 2018-19 to 2021-22 and functioning of all SCAs
About the Organization
The National Minorities Development & Finance Corporation (NMDFC) was incorporated on 30th September 1994, as a company not for profit, under Section 25 of the Companies Act 1956 (now Section-8 of Companies Act,2013). It is a National Level Apex Body for the benefit of Minorities as defined under the National Commission for Minorities Act 1992.
The prime mandate of NMDFC is to provide concessional finance to the Minorities for self employment/ income generation activities. As per the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992, the notified Minorities are Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists & Parsis. Subsequently, Jain community was also added into the list of notified Minority Communities in January 2014. Under NMDFC programe, preference is given to Artisans & Women.
About the Proposal
The National Minorities Development & Finance Corporation (NMDFC), Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India invites proposals for engaging consultancy organization which would verify the beneficiaries financed by NMDFC and carryout Socio-economic impact study of its schemes. NMDFC implements its programmes through the State Channelizing Agencies (SCAs) nominated by the respective State Governments. The identified agency has to verify around 16000 beneficiaries and visit the office of SCA for the study in all State/UTs. The agency has to submit four separate reports on “Socio Economic Impact Study of beneficiaries financed under schemes Term Loan, Education Loan, Micro Finance, Kaushal se Kushalta, Mahila Samriddhi Yojana, Marketing Assistance during F.Y. 2018-19, 2019-2020 and 2020-21, Impact Study of beneficiaries participated in the Hunar Haat exhibitions conducted by NMDFC during F.Y. 2018-19 to 2021-22, Impact Study of CSR programmes of NMDFC conducted during F.Y. 2018-19 to 2021-22 and functioning of SCAs”. Interested Agencies may apply in the prescribed format (Annexure I (Pre-Qualification Criteria) & Annexure III (Financial Bid)) on or before 28.09.2022 up to 11.30 hrs.
The National Minorities Development & Finance Corporation (NMDFC) was set-up on the 30th September, 1994 and is presently functioning under the administrative control of the Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA), Govt. of India with an objective to promote the economic and developmental activities for the benefit of the “backward sections” amongst the notified Minorities, preference being given to occupational groups & women. The NMDFC is a Public Sector Undertaking registered under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013, as a “company not for profit”.
The NMDFC is a National level Apex financing body & has 2 channels to reach the target groups viz., through the State Channelizing Agencies (SCAs) nominated by the respective State Govts. / UT Administrations/ Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) identified by the NMDFC.
The SCAs are the main channel for implementing the schemes of NMDFC and the individual beneficiaries are assisted through the SCAs under the “Term Loan Scheme”, “Education Loan Scheme” and “Micro-Finance Scheme” of NMDFC. NMDFC has released Rs. 7124.73 crores for 19.95 lacs beneficiaries under its credit scheme up to 31.03.2022. Disbursement of fund made by NMDFC during the F.Y. 2018-19, 2019-2020 and 2020-21 is as given below:
Lending Schemes of NMDFC
- Term Loan Scheme : The Term Loan Scheme is meant for the individual beneficiaries & is implemented through the SCAs. The assistance under Term Loan Scheme is available for any commercially viable & technically feasible income generating venture.
- Education Loan Scheme : The NMDFC extends Education Loans to the individual beneficiaries through the SCAs with an objective to facilitate job oriented education for eligible persons belonging to the Minority Communities.
- Micro-Finance Scheme: The scheme mainly caters to the needs of Minority women scattered in remote villages & urban slums who are not able to take the advantage of formal banking credit or avail the benefits of concessional credit schemes of the NMDFC implemented through the SCAs.
- Skill Development Training scheme - The Skill Development Training Scheme of NMDFC aims at imparting skills to the targeted individual beneficiaries leading to self/wage employment. The scheme is implemented through the State Channelising Agencies, which organize need based Skill training programmes in their States with the help of local Government owned / recognized training institutes in trades having potential for self/wage employment. The cost of the training programme is considered as per the common norms of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship. The courses having duration between 200 to 250 hours (theory & practical) are considered under this programme. Stipend @ ₹1000 per month per trainee is also offered during the training.
- Marketing Assistance Scheme - The Marketing Assistance Scheme is meant for individual crafts-persons, beneficiaries of NMDFC as well as SHGs and is implemented through both SCAs as well as NGOs. With a view to support the crafts-persons to promote marketing & sale of their products at remunerative prices, NMDFC assists the SCAs and NGOs in organizing State / District level exhibitions at selected locations. In these exhibitions, hand loom / handicraft products of Minority crafts-persons are exhibited and sold. Such exhibitions also serve the purpose of organizing “buyer seller meet”, which is considered very useful for product development and market promotion, for domestic market as well as for exports.
- Mahila Samridhi Yojana: It is a unique scheme linking micro-credit with the training to the women members to be formed in to SHGs, in the trades such as tailoring, cutting and embroidery, etc. It is being implemented by NMDFC, through the State Channelizing Agencies of NMDFC as well as NGOs. Under the Mahila Samridhi Yojana, training is given to a group of around 20 women in any suitable women friendly craft activity. The group is formed into Self Help Group during the training itself and after the training, micro-credit is provided to the members of the SHG so formed. The maximum duration of the training is of six months with maximum training expenses of Rs. 1,500 p.m. per trainee. During the training a stipend of Rs. 1,000 p.m. is also paid to the trainees. The training cost and stipend is met by NMDFC as grant. After the training, need based micro credit subject to a maximum of Rs. 1.00 lac is made available to each member of SHG, so formed at an interest rate of 7% p.a.
- Grant in Aid assistance scheme: The SCAs of NMDFC are supported under the scheme of Grant In Aid Assistance (GIA) of the Ministry of Minority Affairs to strengthen their infrastructure for effective implementation of NMDFC schemes. So far, Rs.25.94 (upto 12.01.2021) crores has been released to the various SCAs by NMDFC.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Projects:
- The Company through its CSR initiatives aims to pursue initiatives directed towards enhancing welfare measures of the society based on long term social and environmental consequences of the CSR activities. Within the above mission, the CSR Committee choose priority projects from time to time. The Company lays focus on CSR activities specially on communities in and around areas where notified minorities districts are located or where minority clusters are located. NMDFC is committed to allocate significant part of its CSR Budget for these 18 local Communities. NMDFC implements CSR activities to empower weaker, less privileged and marginalized sections of the society to create Social Capital.
Hunar Haat Exhibitions:
- The Ministry of Minority Affairs has taken the initiative to provide a huge platform through Hunar Haat to the artisans/craftsmen of India to showcase their expertise and explore the opportunities of employment under "Upgrading the Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development (USTAAD)". It is a great effort at projecting the talent of Indian artisans towards “Local to Global”. It is well known fact that branding/promotion of art of Master Artisans of the country is very important and programmes such as “Hunar Haat” are playing an important role in this direction and it benefit lakh of people associated with this sector.
Scope of Study
- NMDFC intends to commission external agency to conduct Socio Economic Impact Study of beneficiaries financed during F.Y. 2018-19, 2019-2020 and 2020-21, Impact Study of beneficiaries participated in the Hunar Haat exhibitions during F.Y. 2018-19 to 2020-21, Impact Study of CSR programmes of NMDFC and functioning of SCAs. The beneficiaries are to be selected on random sampling basis to ensure fair representation of beneficiaries from all areas in a State.
- The State/UT-wise beneficiaries to be evaluated are given as Annexure-VI.
- The State-wise/SCA-wise lists of beneficiaries financed under Credit Based & other Schemes during F.Y. 2018-19, 2019-2020 and 2020-21 will be provided by NMDFC/State Channelizing Agencies to the consultancy agencies.
Areas of Study
- The study will provide a State wise and national representation and cover respondents from rural and urban areas. Study locations would be selected such that there is fair representation of the urban and rural population from each region of the country.
- To obtain the required information from the beneficiaries and the SCAs questionnaires of the appropriate type may be devised for responses to be canvassed and elicited.
Within each State, random sampling procedure would be followed for the evaluation study. The primary sampling unit would be district. Districts in the states/UTs as per the list furnished by NMDFC for financing done in F.Y. 2018-19, 2019-2020 and 2020-21 may be selected on the basis of maximum financing. The district sampled for the study should be representative of the State. The districts selected for the study should be finalized in consultation with NMDFC. From each State, at least one minority concentration district (if available) should be selected for the study. Within each state and district, random stratified sampling process on PPS basis is to be followed for the evaluation study keeping in mind to ensure coverage of both male and female samples.
The representatives of the agencies are expected to physically meet and verify the individual beneficiary assisted under NMDFC Schemes (Term Loan/Micro Financing/ Education Loan) & capture the relevant details in a questionnaire so as to generate the analytical reports to bring out the Impact of NMDFC financing on its beneficiaries and suggest ways to improve in its implementation. A sample questionnaire is enclosed with the tender document, however the agency is required to modify the same as per the requirement for conducting the study in consultation with NMDFC.
The agency will have to submit report on Socio Economic Impact Study of beneficiaries financed during F.Y. 2018-19, 2019-2020 and 2020-21, Impact Study of beneficiaries participated in the Hunar Haat exhibitions during F.Y. 2018-19 to 2020-21, Impact Study of CSR programmes of NMDFC and functioning of SCAs
- The Agency should be a registered legal entity with at least 5 years standing upto the date of issue of tender notice. (Please attach copy of incorporation/registration).
- The Agency should have carried out similar evaluation study of at least two Government Agency/Deptt./Public Sector Undertaking/Autonomous Body in last five financial years. (Please attach the list of credentials and clientele alongwith their work orders).
- iii. The Agency should not have been blacklisted during last 3 years by any Department of Government of India or Public Sector Undertaking or any other Govt. Organization. (Please attach an affidavit of this effect signed by the authorized legal representative of the Agency).
- The Agency should be registered with the Department of GST, as applicable. The Agency should submit income tax deduction exemption letter, if any. (Please attach documentary proof alongwith PAN, TAN Numbers).
- The Agency should furnish last 3 Financial years Balance Sheet (2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21), Audited Statement of Accounts and Income Tax Returns. The annual turnover of the Agency (Tenderer) should be more than Rs.50.00 lakh in each 3 financial year. (Please attach documentary proof).
- The Agency must be registered with ESI, PF/EPF, GST etc. and other statutory bodies as required under various labour laws. (Please attach documentary proof).
- The estimated cost for the evaluation studies shall be Rs. 35,00,000/- (Rupees Thirty Five lacs only) excluding applicable taxes. The Tenderer shall be required to deposit Rs. 2.00 Lacs (Rupees Two Lacs only) as Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) (refundable). The amount may be paid in the form of Demand Draft/Bankers’ Cheque/Bank Guarantee of 6 months in favour of National Minorities Development & Finance Corporation payable at Delhi. The EMD must be deposited separately in a separate envelope. The EMD should be submitted alongwith Pre-Qualification Technical Bid.
- Further, the agency should have to provide Performance Bank Guarantee (PBG) of Scheduled Bank equivalent to the 10% of the work order. The PBG shall be furnished by the selected agency while conveying acceptance of the Terms & Conditions as laid down in the work order. The validity of the PBG must be of 1 year duration from the date of issue of work order which would require to be extended by the agency till the 6 completion of cross checking of beneficiaries by the NMDFC of verification conducted by agency.
- The agency will also be required to furnish Bank Guarantee equal to 30% of work order value towards mobilization advance to be released by NMDFC at the time of commencement of work while submitting the countersigned work order. The validity of this Bank Guarantee must be of 9 months from the date of work order or Agency has the option not to draw the 30% advance of value of work order.
- Self-attested copies of all relevant certificates and documents supporting the information must be furnished with the application along with an affidavit certifying the authenticity of these documents and facts provided.
How to Apply
The EOI/tender document is required to be submitted in two separate sealed envelopes. The Pre-Qualification & Financial Bids are to be placed in different sealed envelopes and superscribed “Pre-Qualification Bid & “Financial Bid”. Both envelopes may be placed in a larger envelope duly superscribing as “Bid for impact study evaluation” to be opened on 28.09.2022 at 12.00 hrs in conference room of NMDFC’s office. The envelope containing the proposal may be sent by Registered Post or dropped in the “Tender Box” placed at Regd. Office of NMDFC addressed to
Shri P S Pawnikar,
NMDFC, 1st Floor, Core-I,
Scope Minar, Laxmi Nagar, Delhi – 92.
In case of any clarification, please contact Shri P.S. Pawnikar, AGM (S&SD), Phone: 011- 22441453.
- Only those bidders will be called for presentation for the technical evaluation who meets the pre-qualification criteria.
- The selection will be based on Two Stage CQCBS method and the work will be awarded to bidder with the Highest Composite Score.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd