Inviting Expression of Interest for empanelment of agency to conduct programmatic audits of CSR interventions
Organization: JSW Foundation
Apply By: 18 Jun 2021
Summary and Background
Established in 1989, JSW Foundation is the social development arm of JSW group with an ideology that every life is important and must be given fair opportunities to make best out of it. The Foundation takes conscious steps to support and empower communities, primarily located around its plants. The Foundation is working relentlessly to tackle the issue of malnutrition, facilitating to make learning more effective and meaningful, empowering the youth through employable skill programs, ensuring water security through long-term watershed development programs, providing access to sanitation facilities in rural areas to make them open defecation free, preserve and conserve national heritage and promotion of sports. The estimated no. of households and population catered to is annexed (annex 1).
The JSW Foundation is looking to empanel an agency with expertise on conducting programmatic audits of CSR interventions that would conduct sample based physical verification of the assets facilitated through the projects. The assignment period shall be 2021-24.
This EOI invite represents the requirements for an open and competitive process. EOI shall be accepted until 17:30 hrs IST June 18, 2021. Any EOI received after this date and time shall not be considered. The EOI must be submitted online using the link provided. The online submission shall be considered as a token of the agency’s understanding and agreement to the scope of work specified in this document. It may be noted that submission in any other form shall not be considered.
After the EOIs are received, detailed session via video conferencing shall be held on June 21, 2021 to clarify the questions the contenders might be having. In the next stage, the contenders shall be expected to submit their techno-commercial proposals elucidating their approach, methodology and commercials.
The last date for the submission of the proposals is July 3, 2021. Any proposals received after this date shall not be considered.
If the organization submitting a proposal must outsource or contract any work to meet the requirements contained herein, this must be clearly stated in the proposal. Additionally, all costs included in proposals must be all-inclusive to include any outsourced or contracted work. Any proposals which call for outsourcing or contracting work must include a name and description of the organizations being contracted.
All costs must be itemized to include an explanation of all fees and costs. The details of applicable taxes, if any, should be further mentioned separately.
Along with the EOI, the incumbent agency would require to submit documents detailing the following and these shall be considered as the qualifying criteria for the purpose of this empanelment:
- Annual turnover: Rs. 10 Cr
- No of similar audits undertaken: 50
- Have presence in JSW geography: Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Odisha, Goa, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu
- Having experienced audit team in house: average 18-20 years
Project Purpose and Description
The JSW Foundation is currently working across 8 states in the vicinity of its manufacturing units covering an estimated 1 million population. The manufacturing locations of JSW are as under:
- Hydropower units at Himachal Pradesh (Kinnaur and Chamba)
- Thermal power unit and seaport at Maharasthra (Ratnagiri)
- Thermal power unit at Rajasthan (Barmer)
- Steel manufacturing units at Maharashtra (Raigarh, Palghar, Thane, Nagpur)
- Steel manufacturing unit and iron ore mines at Karnataka (Bellary, Chitradurg)
- Steel manufacturing unit at Tamil Nadu (Salem)
- Steel manufacturing unit and iron ore mines at Odisha (Paradip, Keonjhar, Jharsuguda)
- Seaport at Goa
- Jharkhand (Barkagaon)
Objective of the assignment
The goal of this engagement is to empanel an expert agency that would conduct programmatic audits, including but not limited to, sample based physical verification of the assets (common property resources) facilitated through CSR interventions to inform on the status. The payments towards such studies shall be made on pro-rata basis in line with the number of verifications conducted. Specific objectives of the engagement are as follows:
- Conduct review of the available programmatic documentation and flag any deficiencies
- Conduct sample based thematic-wise /location-wise physical verification of assets
- Interact with the beneficiaries to determine if and up to what extent the intervention assets were able to fulfill their intended purposes.
- Observe if the assets are being maintained adequately by the relevant stakeholders.
- Flag any gaps between the reported and observed quantities, status, O&M
- Bring out any discrepancies between the requirement and provisioning of the assets
As per the requirement conveyed by the client, the agency shall:
- Deploy and thoroughly train technical/field staff
- Design audits in consultation with JSW Foundation (including assessment framework, inquiry tools, analysis plan, sampling, methodology, etc)
- Conduct reviews and audits
- Provide detailed reports
Timelines for RFP and the Project
The EOI in response to this invite should reach us no later than June 18, 2021.
Detailed call to address questions shall be conducted on June 21, 2021.
Last date for the receipt of techno-commercial proposals: July 3, 2021
Evaluation of proposals, queries for any further information as required, intimation of the results and discussions/ negotiations for the final award shall be completed by August 7, 2021.
The appointed agency shall be on board by August 14, 2021.
For every assessment or study undertaken, the deliverables will be as follows:
- Interim audit report
- Final report
- Presentation to the management
- List of stakeholders met, transcripts of interviews, raw data
The bidder must submit the EOI online by June 18, 2021 using the following link:
Dr. Kshitij Sharma
To download the full ToR, click here
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd