RFP-Consultancy Services for Technical Support to Implement TechEmerge Resilience India Pilot Projects
Organization: Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC)
Apply By: 08 Apr 2021
TOR - Consultancy Services for Technical Support to Implement TechEmerge Resilience India Pilot Projects
About the Organization:
Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC) is an intergovernmental organization that works to build the resilience of people and institutions to disasters and climate change impacts in Asia and the Pacific. Established in 1986, they provide comprehensive technical services to countries in the region across social and physical sciences to support sustainable solutions for risk reduction and climate resilience. ADPC supports countries and communities in Asia and the Pacific in building their DRR systems, institutional mechanisms and capacities to become resilient to numerous hazards, such as floods, landslides, earthquake, cyclones, droughts, etc.
About CARE for South Asia project:
The "Climate Adaptation and Resilience for South Asia" or CARE for South Asia project is a five-year (2020-2025) regional International Development Association (IDA) grant project supported by the World Bank, and jointly implemented by Asia Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC) and Regional Integrated Multi-hazard Early Warning System for Africa and Asia (RIMES).
The overall aim of the project is to build resilience to climate change risks by sharing regional data and knowledge, developing regional standards and guidelines for infrastructure, and promoting climate-resilient policies and investments. The key target sectors under this project such as agriculture, transport, water, planning, and finance will be piloted in Bangladesh, Nepal, and Pakistan.
ADPC is implementing the component 2 focusing on Enabling Climate Resilient Policies and Standards for Development with the following sub-components:
- Advisory services for policy and investment interventions
- Promoting Climate Resilient Design and Standards
- Implementation Support to Climate-Risk Management Solutions
- Innovation for Climate Adaptation and Resilience
ADPC is seeking consultancy services of a firm or organization operating lawfully in India to provide technical support to the selected innovators in terms of engaging, monitoring and evaluating technical aspects of the solutions being implemented.
Key tasks are as follows:
- Task 1: Engagement and Progress Monitoring
- Task 2: Technical Assessment and Quality Control
- Task 3: Coordination and Communication
- Task 4: Technical Evaluation
The consulting firm will be required to submit the following deliverables as a result of the implementation of activities as outlined in Section II above:
- Monitoring Plan within 15 days of the signing of the contract
- Weekly/monthly reporting on the technical progress of pilot project implementation, including challenges and mitigation plan
- Consultation and workshop reports
- Final report on outcomes of all pilot projects (including development impact), lessons learned, and any recommendations for the future design of such a program.
The exact timeline for key deliverables will be discussed and finalized with the ADPC team with the acceptance of the Engagement Plan.
All final deliverables, unless otherwise agreed upon, shall be handed over to ADPC in a compatible electronic format
- Must have proven experience in designing, analyzing, and performing innovation solutions for disaster and climate resilience.
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical advisory services on technology-based projects, oversight and monitoring of implementation.
- Proven technical and managerial expertise and experience in guiding implementation of pilot projects leading to the scaling-up of technology.
- Experienced human resources, including experts in technology, monitoring and evaluation required to deliver the outputs. The firm or organization will offer a combination of technical and management skills. The team will comprise at least one technology expert and one project management and monitoring specialist
- The consulting firm must have a track record of operating in India. The team must have an excellent proficiency in communication and writing skill in English.
- The consulting firm should have proven experience of undertaking assignment of similar nature and scope.
- The consulting firm must provide a bill of quantity to outline payment schedule against expected deliverables.
- The maximum budget available for this assignment is USD 40,000.
- The firm is responsible for any costs associated with travels and consultations and shall make its own travel and accommodation arrangements.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd