RFP-Desk analysis for global premix standards & developing business case for domestic accreditation body for premix suppliers in India
Organization: Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
Apply By: 06 Jul 2022
RFP - Desk analysis for global premix standards and developing a business case for domestic accreditation body for premix suppliers in India
About the Organization:
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
The objectives of this RFP are to:
- Summarize and analyse premix standards for the five staples across numerous countries and make suitable recommendations for an implementation in the Indian context in terms of quality standards for both production and product.
- Explore the feasibility of establishing a domestic accreditation body for food premix suppliers in the country.
Scope of Work:
GAIN wishes to engage a consultant/ agency to conduct desk analysis of global premix standards for five staples which will provide an evidence base on the process, enablers and barriers in institutionalizing the premix standards and replicate the same in India. The consultant/ agency will work closely with the GAIN India LSFF team and the key audience would be GAIN’s internal and external stakeholders, donors, and central government.
Under Objective-1 i.e., Summarize and analyse premix standards for five staples across countries and make suitable recommendations for its adaptation in the Indian context: The consultant/agency would conduct desk review and secondary data analysis on global premix standards for the five staples. The desk review will summarise the following points:
- Identify the need for setting quality & safety standards for premixes and its production
- Capture the processes undertaken by these countries in standardizing premix; enablers, barriers and lessons learnt by other countries in harmonizing standards for premixes.
- Capture the opportunities and challenges in institutionalizing standards for premix in India
- Conduct stakeholder interviews (regulatory authority, industry, premix suppliers and development sector partners) across countries including India with regulations for premixes of these five staples.
Under Objective-2 i.e., Explore the feasibility of establishing a domestic accreditation body for premix suppliers in the country: The consultant/agency would provide the following services:
- Identify the need for setting up a domestic accreditation body for premix suppliers.
- Research existing models being implemented across countries to ensure quality assured premix for fortification (Domestic accreditation/GAIN Premix Facility (GPF)/any other mechanism)
- Capture the enablers, barriers and lessons learnt by other countries in developing a sustainable mechanism to ensure a reliable supply of affordable, quality-assured premix.
- Provide a list of potential agencies that can act as a domestic accreditation body
- Capture the opportunities and challenges in institutionalizing a domestic accreditation body in the country
Please direct all inquiries and other communications to email@example.com. Reponses will not be confidential except in cases where proprietary information is involved.
Completed proposals must be submitted by 5:00 pm IST on 6 July 2022
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd