RFP Invited for Value Chain Strengthening in Medak
Organization: Tetra Tech ARD, Forest-PLUS
Apply By: 10 Jun 2020
RFP - Value Chain Strengthening in Medak
Tetra Tech ARD is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Their reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. They are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world.
Background and Rationale:
Forest-PLUS 2.0: forest for water and prosperity, is a joint program of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC). The contract for Forest-PLUS 2.0 was awarded by USAID to Tetra Tech on December 4, 2018. The purpose of the contract is to provide technical assistance that supports the Government of India (GoI) and other stakeholders to manage forests as important components of a broad-based, inclusive and sustainable economic growth that meet local needs and addresses global environmental challenges.
The overall goal of the project is to improve management of targeted landscapes in three states in India for enhanced ecosystem services and increased inclusive economic opportunities.
The targeted landscapes are -
- Thiruvananthapuram Forest and Wildlife Divisions in Kerala (Thiruvananthapuram and Kollam Districts),
- Medak Forest Division in Telangana (Medak District) and
- Gaya Forest Division in Bihar (Gaya and Jehanabad Districts).
Forest-PLUS 2.0 has already established partnership with the respective State Forest Departments for implementation of different interventions. The principal objectives of the Program are:
- To strengthen ecosystem-based management of forest landscapes
- To factor ecosystem services into management of forest landscapes
- To increase economic opportunities from improved landscape management
Forest-PLUS 2.0 intends to have collaboration with local NGOs/ CSOs/Section 8 Companies in Medak landscape in Telangana to assist the Forest-PLUS 2.0 team in carrying out different field implementation activities concerning economic enterprises and value chain strengthening.
Partner NGOs/ CSOs, under the guidance and supervision of Forest-PLUS 2.0 team, will play vital roles in consistent engagement with local communities, self-governing bodies, Extension Officers from different departments and private entities for value chain strengthening activities.
Objectives of the assignment:
Partner NGOs/ CSOs will assist Forest-PLUS 2.0 team and Medak Forest Division in implementation of different tasks related to value chain strengthening as laid down in ForestPLUS 2.0 program.
Scope of Work:
As part of its efforts for creating inclusive economic opportunities, Forest-PLUS 2.0 has shortlisted six forest-based value chains, two per landscape, for further strengthening. The value chain strengthening, and enterprise development will target women and other vulnerable communities in the landscape. The partners NGOs will help Forest-PLUS 2.0 to implement various value chain strengthening activities in Medak landscape.
Tenure of assignment:
The assignment is for a period of 6 months. If there are any additions in the scope of work, the assignment period may be further extended as per the mutual agreement between Forest-PLUS 2.0 and the Organization. Business delays and disruptions may occur due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Location of the assignment:
The selected organizations will have to operate within Forest-PLUS 2.0 landscape (Medak Forest Division). For market interventions and other value chain strengthening activities the geographical scope of the assignment may go beyond the landscape.
The Offeror shall submit its best price offer/proposal in accordance with the Scope of Work (SOW) and shall contain the following:
1. Proposal Cover Letter signed by a person authorized to sign on behalf of the Offeror;
2. Technical Approach/Proposal for completing the deliverables in the SOW;
- Profile of the agency – include reports of previous similar work
- CVs of the team leader and key members of the team
- Understanding and interpretation of the Scope of Work
- Approach and methodology, including timeline
- Overview of work plan
3. Summary of Relevant Experience. Offerors should list current and previous relevant projects;
4. Corporate Capabilities;
5. Performance References for similar work;
6. Budget. Offerors must use the budget template in Appendix B
7. Budget narrative. Offerors must explain the rationale behind the numbers.
- Proposals shall be submitted via e-mail.
- The Subject line of the email should read: “RFP No.011, Value Chain Strengthening in Medak”
- All data presented in the prescribed formats should be non-proprietary in nature without password protection and free of restrictions.
- Proposals received after the date specified for receipts of offer shall be considered late and shall not be evaluated.
All questions and inquiries related to this request must be submitted prior to the Closing Date for questions shown above for this RFP. All “Offerors” must submit their questions to Tetra Tech ARD via the below email address: email@example.com
Closing Date: 10 June 2020
For more information please check the Link
MICA CDMC Masterclass (Virtual): Development Communication Design for Social Impact and CSR Partnerships. Register Now
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd