RFP Invited for the Impact Evaluation of the Vihaan Care and Support Program
Organization: India HIV/AIDS Alliance
Apply By: 01 Mar 2021
RFP - The Impact Evaluation of the Vihaan Care and Support Program
About the Organization:
India HIV/AIDS Alliance (Alliance India) is a diverse partnership that brings together committed organisations and communities to support sustained responses to HIV in India. Complementing the Indian national programme, they work through capacity building, knowledge sharing, technical support and advocacy. Through their network of partners, they support the delivery of effective, innovative, community-based HIV programmes to key populations affected by the epidemic.
Purpose of the Impact Evaluation:
Being implemented over a period of seven years, it is crucial to understand the success of the program. Especially in the context of COVID 19 outbreak in India, CSCs played significant role in ensuring PLHIV continue to have access to non-interrupted ART medicines along with other essential services.
During the project initiation and baseline evaluation was done, currently and impact assessment is proposed to see impact of holistic approach with a package of services in meeting the overarching aims of the Vihaan program. The impact evaluation will also reveal the specific value addition by CSCs to the national CST programme during the COVID 19 outbreak. As the COVID 19 scenario is likely to be continued, it will give midcourse correction to the next phase of care and support program by Alliance.
The objective of the impact evaluation:
The study will try to answer “Does a holistic care and support programme lead to earlier ART uptake, increased ART adherence and improved quality of life for people living with diagnosed HIV in India?”
The main objectives of the impact evaluation are:
- To study the impact of care and support program to improve the quality of life of PLHIV
- To compare and review the change made by the project from the baselines and against the identified areas
- Impact of COVID19 pandemic on access of ART Health services and role played by the CSCs
- A cost effectiveness analysis of community based care and support model including specific HIV intervention to improve the strategic planning
The sub objectives are:
- To study the impact of Vihaan services on increased quality of life for people of living with HIV in various dimensions like Individual physical morbidity, psychological wellbeing, improved social support and increased uptake on welfare support services.
- How far the Vihaan basic and differentiated care model has helped to improve the access and uptake of ART, increased retention in ART clinical care, and improved understanding of ART.
- How the Community led model of service delivery have helped communities to become self-sustainable and to identify the long term impact of community based intervention model in care and support services.
- To understand the impact of social welfare schemes on the treatment retention
- What are the perceived advantages and disadvantages of the Care and Support models at beneficiary and community level?
- Role of CSC towards strengthening the national Care Support and Treatment program
Scope and methodology of the Impact Evaluation:
The scope of the evaluation is limited to project activities in 33 project implementation states/UTs. The evaluation will cover the implementation period from April 2013 to March 2021.
The evaluation team will review documents like baseline survey report, COVID 19 response reports etc and develop an inception report along with study methodology including study sampling to share with Alliance India for further briefing and finalization. Followed by the inception report, after primary and secondary data collection a draft evaluation report will be submitted, and subsequently finalized in consultation with Alliance India. The agencies will disseminate the evaluation findings with the stakeholders at the end of the consulting period.
Expected Outputs/Outcomes of the Impact Evaluation:
It is expected that the Impact Assessment Study would help to a) Identify the good practise that have helped to achieve in improving in quality of life and survival of PLHIV clients b) Identify the potential bottlenecks and challenges of projects and ensure mid-level course correction in project planning c) To identify the cost-effective intervention and advice the future course of investment on community lead care and support model d) Try to understand the long term impact of Community based intervention model on Care, Support, and Treatment program, The assessment would try to establish an impact before and after program implementation.
The deliverables at the end of the project:
- One final report on impact evaluation.
- A report on best practices for care and support program under Vihaan.
- 2 Policy Briefs
- Data collection tools & properly labelled data sets (both quantitative and qualitative, as applicable)
- Copy of all the documents to be reviewed with complete referencing and Inventory
Criteria for selection of an agency:
- Organizations with past of experience of working on national level impact evaluations
- Experience of working HIV/AIDS impact evaluation
Given below are the key criteria for selection of a survey agency:
- Technical approach and methodology - 25 points
- Data collection plan – 25
- Quality control mechanisms - 10
- Data analysis and report writing plan - 10
- Past experience of the agency or consultant for the proposed task - 20 points
- Rational Timeline - 10 points
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd