RFP-Media & Communications Agency for Awareness led Campaigns against Sexual & Gender Based Violence in times of COVID-19
Organization: UN Women
Apply By: 10 May 2021
RFP - Media and Communications Agency for Awareness led Campaigns against Sexual and Gender Based Violence in times of COVID-19
About the Organization:
UN Women is the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. UN Women is dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide.
Purpose and Objectives:
The Joint Programme between UN Women India and three UN Agencies – UNICEF, WHO and UNHCR - is desiged with the objective to strengthen the capacities of essential service providers and professionals, access to resources and tools to address SGBV, develop communication and knowledge products for dissemination and community engagement, organize campaigns and public awareness events, support and strengthen GRB&P related studies and mechanisms.
- Outcome: By December 2021, women and girls in India are protected from sexual and gender based violence and is empowered to use gender responsive and age sensitive essential services and recover from violence amidst the COVID19 pandemic.
- Output: Women and girls are aware of the risks of SGBV and harmful practices, and increasingly engaged in decision making processes related to COVID-19 response and recovery
The Media and Communications Agency will be required to support UN Women in developing collaterals for communications with the objective of awareness generation, engage with media agencies and platforms of communications including social media, regional and community radio stations, online-offline media platforms and print and digital media to support building campaigns and awareness generation activities. The campaigns and awareness generation communications collaterals and platforms will engage with intersectional women, girls, men and boys.
Scope of Work and Key Tasks:
The Agency will work under the overall guidance and direct supervision of UN Women Project Coordinator and Team Leader while delivering specific services as specified below:
- Develop and roll out of contextualized communication materials, including using digital platforms for addressing stigma, discrimination, and SGBV for community outreach and awareness raising for health, Child protection and other service providers.
- Multi-stakeholder convergent public awareness quick-impact communication campaigns mobilizing mass media, social media and interpersonal communication together with UN agencies, CSOs, children, volunteers, young people, influencers and celebrities through community groups, to address social norms perpetuating SGBV, including online safety, and promote public narrative for increased participation of women in decision making and economic activities.
Some of the key tasks under the scope of work given above include:
- Campaign and communication strategy for mass visibility and engagement with Girls and women, particularly those from vulnerable and marginalized groups including women and girls from the scheduled castes and tribes, those with disabilities and special needs, migrant, displaced, refugee and asylum-seeking populations, groups from non-binary special orientation groups identities, civil society, philanthropic organisations, academia, and governments etc.
- Effective implementation of Campaigns and strategies for online and off-line communications outreach (organic) and advocacy.
- Develop and implement an events calendar.
- Creative production of content and knowledge resources for online and off-line engagements on SGBV.
- Campaign for protection of women and girls against SGBV during COVID 19 times.
- Dissemination of information – online and off-line.
- Submission of events reports, activity reports and final project report.
Organisations who are registered in India as for-profit, private or government-owned companies with following background and experience will be eligible.
Qualifications of the Organisation:
- Organisations with substantive work portfolio in creative advertising and communication – tradition, digital and new-age alternatives, documentary film making in both rural and urban geographies.
- Have at least 3-5 years of experience in undertaking media communications and outreach at scale, in particular to marginalized sections of the society.
- Experience of curating gender-responsive media content through innovative approaches and partnerships.
- Demonstrative network in media sector, think-tanks, and other civil society organisations is preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to strike strategic partnerships with media organizations and channels.
- Prior experience of undertaking a similar project or can partner with an agency with the relevant experience.
- Prior experience of working with a UN agency is an added advantage.
Qualifications of Key Personnel [Team Leader & Team Members]
The Team Leader should have:
- Advanced University degree in one of the areas of journalism, communications, management or any other related fields and relevant for this assignment;
- A minimum of 7 years experience in providing high quality and innovative digital solutions and communication strategy, including content creation, visual storytelling, video production from initial concept to finished product;
- Proven track record of projects in the field of public advocacy and participation, gender equality, women empowerment, human rights, social inclusion, or similar field;
- Expert knowledge and professional experience in the area of digital media and communication; campaigns and branding especially in gender sensitive topics;
- Familiarity with recent trends in digital and online social engagements across platforms for development sector;
- Experience working on projects for UN agencies or agencies engaged in the development sector would be an advantage;
- Ability to deliver within timelines;
- Fluency in both English and Hindi.
Qualifications of Team member/s:
The Team Member/s should have:
- University degree in design, videography, animation, media and communication, marketing and branding and/or other related area relevant for the assignment;
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in the field of advertising and campaign planning, with good understanding of Photography, Graphic Design, Videography, Animation, Photojournalism, Editing and Proof-Reading, Public Relations and/or other related area relevant for the assignment;
- Familiarity with gender equality issues and gender responsive media communications would be considered an asset;
- Excellent working with professional equipment and knowledge of graphic design software, video production software, social media management, photo/video editing software and printing promotional materials
- Fluency in both English and Hindi.
User guide is available here
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd