Subscribe our Weekly Newsletter
Chief of Party (COP)
Organization: HANDICAP INTERNATIONAL (HUMANITY & INCLUSION)
Apply By: No Deadline
Terms & Conditions: Fixed Term contract (Contingent upon successful acquisition of Grant)
Location: Delhi, India
- Oversee technical implementation and operational management of the project.
- Supervise activity implementation and ensure the activity meets stated goals and reporting requirements.
- Serve as primary liaison to USAID, partners and key education stakeholders in country including government officials, civil society organizations, and others.
- Ensures the proper planning, implementation and reporting of the project, in accordance with the logical framework and the allocated budget.
- Responsible for setting up and implementing the governance schemes for the project (ARCI and coordination mechanisms / tools)
- Ensures the overall management of partnerships / consortium partners and related contractual documents (partnership agreements, MoU, amendments, reports…)
- Ensures that the appropriate data collection and management tools are in place on the project, in line with global standards
- With the support of the [Regional] MEAL Unit, deploy and implement all appropriate tools to enable project monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning in compliance with HI policies and frameworks
- Supervise and lead the team directly managed, fostering a team spirit and team functioning guaranteeing synergies and exchange of good practices between the project staff.
- Contribute to steering organization transformation, in particular through managerial and work practice change and continuous improvement of working processes
- Responsible for efficient utilisation of the available financial resources, track expenses and ensure value for money
- Ensures compliance of award conditions, sub-award management, tracking of performance and costs
- Develops HI’s external influence (forums, operational & strategic alliances, etc.) and the organization’s external representation (events, media) in it’s area of responsibility
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Advanced degree in education or related field with minimum 10 years of experience designing and implementing education programs of similar scope and scale.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively increasing management experience (COP, DCOP or equivalent) on donor funded projects in the education sector; USAID experience preferred.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in education particularly with exposure to disability and inclusion issues.
- Sound understanding of basic inclusive education technical approaches/current trends and best practices in the field of IE, and be able to apply this knowledge in the development and implementation of program
- Experience implementing complex and multifaceted projects is required, with demonstrated skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities ; effective personnel management, coordination, and decision-making skills along with an ability to troubleshoot
- proven experience collaborating with a variety of local partners, experience of managing consortium with international NGO
- Proven track record of working effectively with diverse groups of civil society organizations, media, civil society, and government counterparts
- Fluency in English and Hindi with excellent writing skills required,
Send a motivation letter mentioning position applied for and expected salary and an updated CV including 2 referees with contact number and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Assessment will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled. HI India reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process and reject any application without specifying any reasons whatsoever.
Handicap International (HI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, people with disability, and members from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
HI firmly believe in the importance of inclusion and diversity within our organization. This is why we are committed to a disability policy to encourage the inclusion and integration of people with disabilities. Please indicate if you require any special accommodations, including participation in the first interview.
Candidates applying for a job with HI must be ready to comply with our Child Protection Policy, and Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd