Community Counselor (On Third Party Payroll)
Apply By: 24 Oct 2022
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH began its work in India in the late 1990s, bringing governments, communities, private-sector companies, and experienced public health practitioners together to address some of the country’s most crucial health problems. In early 2000, the scope of our India program expanded with a major immunization initiative for the state of Andhra Pradesh. Today, PATH’s India projects focus on TB, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, immunization, injection safety, maternal health, and more.
PATH is currently recruiting Community Counselors (CC) for the project Sunshine for Manipur, Mizoram and Nagaland.
- The CC will be based in the integrated counseling and testing center (ICTC) or ART centre of the district hospital or other government facility
- The CC will work in coordination with ICTC counselors and focus on providing quality counseling based on SOP developed by PATH
- The documentation, reporting and other M&E requirements will be as per directions and training from PATH
- The key areas of work for CC will be as follows –
- Counseling HIV positive clients for post counseling, index-case testing at the ICTC/ART centre and subsequently link to ART
- Maintaining a coupon/referral system for clients of chain referrals through clients detected positive in ICTC and also through ART clients
- Provide prevention education & counseling Provide counseling on STI care & hygiene.
- Counseling on positive prevention (positive health, dignity and prevention)
- For PLHIV clients: Link to ART and adherence counseling
- For PLHIV clients: IEC to inform on scheme benefits for women
- For PLHIV clients: Ongoing positive prevention messages & HIV-TB
- For PLHIV clients: Follow up of issues discussed in previous visit /call
- CCS will be responsible for ensuring that partners and networks of “high risk” clients undergo HIV counseling and testing
- The CC will be responsible for ensuring that PLHIV clients are linked to ART
Reporting: Will report to State Program Officer – Prevention & Case Finding.
Grade: D grade
Salary range: Mid -range of D grade salary
Number of roles : 9
Must have legal authorization to work in India.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 23th October 2022.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd