Consultant - SERI Project
Organization: Room to Read
Apply By: 07 Jun 2023
Location: (Uttar Pradesh)
Position: Consultant to implementing the SERI project for improving foundational literacy by providing technical inputs and supportive monitoring_UP State
No. of Vacancies: 01
Contract term: Maximum 06 months, but may vary depending upon program’s need
Program: Scaling up Early Reading Initiative in Uttar Pradesh
Location: Uttar Pradesh State (Lucknow)
About Room to Read
Room to Read India was established in 2003 and presently has programs in twelve states – Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi NCR, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Telangana, Uttarakhand, and Uttar Pradesh.
Room to Read is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low-income communities by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Founded in 2000 on the belief that World Change Starts with Educated Children®, our innovative model focuses on deep, systemic transformation within schools during two time periods that are most critical in a child’s schooling: early primary school for literacy acquisition and secondary school for girls’ education. We work in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations, and governments to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children and ensure girls can complete secondary school with the skills necessary to negotiate key life decisions.
By focusing on the quality of education provided within the communities and ensuring these outcomes are measured, we have created a model that can be replicated, localized, and sustained by governments. With its global headquarters in San Francisco, Room to Read has benefited 32 million children across 21 low-income countries.
Currently in Uttar Pradesh, Room to Read (RtR) in partnership with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has been implementing the Scaling up Early Reading Intervention (SERI) project at the state level with UP SCERT and Samagra Shiksha supporting implementing NIPUN Bharat mission with the objective to improve foundational literacy at scale.
Scope of work
Room to Read India is working with the UP SCERT and Samagra Shiksha in implementing the SERI project for improving foundational literacy.
Room to Read India has established libraries in 7 DIETs centres of Uttar Pradesh and has also developed a library manual focusing on library functioning and child’s engagement. This year Room to Read will support additional 11 DIET centres. The consultancy is advertised to support 18 DIET centres. The consultant will be expected to work closely with these centres by providing technical inputs and supportive monitoring.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- 3-Day workshop on Library Management and Foundational Literacy with DIET faculties. Including the development of a training package (presentation, facilitator’s guide, and reference materials).
- 1 Orientation meeting in all 11 DIETs regarding the relevance and usage of libraries
- Fortnightly/Monthly sharing with the RtR team on the functioning of DIET libraries basis visits and faculties interactions.
- Monthly reviews with the RtR State team on strengthening the DIET libraries.
Qualifications and Experience:
Consultant should have a master’s degree in education/social work/social science or any other equivalent degree with minimum 5 years of work experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Consultant should have developed at least 2 similar modules/guide on either Foundational literacy or Library
- Should have worked with leading education organization, preferably with govt on similar assignments.
- Should have sound understanding on state administrative structures.
Position Availability: Immediately
How to Apply:
- Kindly submit your CV at email@example.com with subject line “Consultant to implementing the SERI project for improving foundational literacy by providing technical inputs and supportive monitoring_UP State”.
- Last date of submission: 7th June 2023
- Read the TOR thoroughly before the applying.
- Only application of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
- Any incomplete application or process deviation, the proposal will automatically be rejected.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd