Consultant - Public Health Administration
Organization: National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC)
Apply By: 05 Dec 2023
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization
Established in 2007, the National Health Systems Resource Centre, a premier Think Tank for MoHFW, is mandated to assist in policy and strategy development in the provision and mobilization of technical assistance to the states and in capacity building for the Ministry of Health.
As a Consultant, you should be able to accomplish the assignments within time. You should have the zeal for accomplishments and showcase measurable achievements.
NHSRC intends to engage Consultant – Public Health Administration to work under Advisor, PHA purely on a contractual basis.
- Provide technical and handholding support to states for specific programs like Hospital Strengthening including emergency and critical care services, Green and Climate resilient infrastructure, Referral transport and MMUs, Grievance Redressal System & Health Helpline, Aspirational District Programme, Indian Public Health Standards 2022, Public Health Management Cadre, newer initiatives in health systems such as FC-XV and PM-ABHIM, One Health, Emergency care, various components of Maternal and Child Health, Supportive Supervision (SS) etc.
- Undertake periodic monitoring visits to review implementation progress in states, prepare reports, and follow up on the implementation of recommendations by the states.
- Coordinate drafting of program documents and guidelines and other capacity-building materials for various cadres and staff working in health.
- Analyze and utilise data for evidence generation through various data sources, such as Health Management and Information Systems, Quarterly Progress Reports, etc., to address bottlenecks in implementation.
- Support the Division in organising national, regional, and state-level workshops and consultations for orienting States on specific technical areas.
- Appraise PIP proposals from states to facilitate decision-making by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Liaise with implementing partners/development partners at the Centre or State level.
- Organize training sessions for public health personnel at the state level on various domains for the smooth functioning of the public health system.
- Liaise with the MoHFW and participate in the National Program Coordination Committee to monitor the implementation of programs in the states.
- Conduct research studies required to complement the functioning of NHSRC.
- Coordinating and collaborating with other divisions of NHSRC.
- Undertake any other assignments of the PHA division as and when entrusted by the Advisor.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree – Medicine/Dental/Nursing/AYUSH / Pharmacy / Allied medical subjects with
- Post-graduation or higher qualification in public health, community health, preventive & social medicine (MPH, MD Community Medicine/ Community health administration), MBA healthcare management/public health management from a recognised University in India And
- At least two years of post-PG work experience for MPH/ MBA healthcare and One year for MD Community Medicine, preferably in National Health Mission/ National Health Programmes/ health planning/ Health policy and advocacy/ Public Health System Strengthening or Health Care Management.
- Language proficiency in English and Hindi.
- Demonstrated experience in operationalising health programs at the field level, strengthening the state, district, and block-level health systems.
- Experience working in a public health system at the field level, working towards its strengthening or in Health Care Management.
- Competency and experience in working on NHM / health programs at the policy level, monitoring and evaluation, data analysis, public health administration, and governance.
- Prior experience and proficiency in participatory planning, project appraisals, developing training modules & guidelines, High-priority Districts/Aspirational Districts, Referral Transport, etc. in States and Aspirational districts.
- Undertaken or contributed to innovative activities leading to a positive outcome in health
- Computer proficiency with a high level of familiarity with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and AI Tools, Data analytics, web scraping, etc. Vibrant, dynamic, and highly driven with a feeling of initiative, ownership, and strong communication skills, and willing to take on any responsibility assigned as a part of the team.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills and analytical and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to produce high-quality written work, with great attention to detail, within tight deadlines.
- Passionate about working on health systems issues, particularly for the poor and vulnerable population, and keen on working on national policy with a problem-solving approach.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Formal Educational Qualifications, Experience, and Age could be relaxed for exceptional candidates.
- Candidates working for similar programs or activities at the central (or) state level shall be preferred.
- Working experience at District or below in Secondary/Primary health care level services.
- Research experience/ Published work in health systems or public health will be an added advantage.
- Candidates with prior experience in health systems strengthening at the central level, state level or with technical support bodies shall be preferred.
Candidates are requested to fill the online application correctly which is available on the NHSRC website (http://nhsrcindia.org). Applications will be accepted in the prescribed online application format only. Last date for receiving applications is 5th December 2023.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd