Development & Partnerships Lead
Organization: Girl Effect
Apply By: 02 Oct 2022
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization
Girl Effect is an international non-profit that builds media that girls want, trust and need.
From chat-bots to chat-shows and TV dramas to tech, our content is reaching millions of girls in Africa and Asia to make choices and changes in their lives. Igniting their confidence to act differently at a time that can define their future.
We create safe spaces for girls, sharing facts, and answering questions about health, nutrition, education, relationships and so much more. And we use innovative technology so we can reach girls at scale. We arm girls with the skills to negotiate and redefine what they are told is possible, so every girl can choose to be in control of her body, her health, her learning and livelihood.
When a girl unlocks her power to make different choices that change her life, it inspires others to do so too. She starts a ripple effect that impacts her family, her community, her country. That’s the Girl Effect.
The Development & Partnerships Lead reports to the Country Director and is part of the organization’s Programmes team. They will work closely and collaboratively with the partnerships, create and impact teams, the marketing and communications team, and other external stakeholders.
The core of this role will stretch across supporting new business development and managing the effective delivery of our commitments to our partners. You will be tasked with building relationships with key institutions in India to extend the reach, impact, and sustainability of Girl Effect’s youth brand in India - Chhaa Jaa.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop/maintain relationships with funders across the sector that work with gender equality, sexual and reproductive health rights, economic empowerment, etc
- Support the development of, and write, concept notes, and pitch decks proposals for funding opportunities
- Work closely with Create team to develop a directory of ‘supply side’ services across economic empowerment and sexual and reproductive health and roll-out relevant partnerships with them to support the delivery of our work
- Negotiate grants and contracts and monitor grant and contract fulfillment
- Lead the development and implementation of prospect plans, keeping abreast of the sector trends to maximize opportunities for the organization
- Ensure that regular reports and key metrics/results are shared with leadership. Facilitate the development of donor reporting
- Monitor narrative and financial reporting requirements in collaboration with program and finance staff and coordinates preparation of reports for timely submission to donors
- Liaise closely with the finance department to gather invoice documentation and ensure proper spending and tracking of all grant funding, including the charging of expenses to specific grants as activities are carried out
- Engage in strategic networking to expand the organization’s positioning and enhance the organization’s image and visibility
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- 6-8 years of experience working in the development sector with a strong programmatic understanding, particularly in the areas of adolescent girls and young women, sexual and reproductive health rights, gender, social behavior change communications, etc.
- You have funding or fundraising experience working with donors such as USAID, CIFF, The David and Lucile Packard Foundation, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, UN agencies etc.
- You care about creating shared impact and have experience developing, designing, and implementing high value partnerships – and bring with you a network of relationships relevant to our work
- You have experience working in a diverse team
- You are brilliant at external engagement and have experience in coalition and consortium building
- You are a positive and solution-oriented strategic thinker
- You are a collaborative problem-solver, able to work flexibly as part of a global team in a fast-paced and changing environment
- You have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd