Organization: Network of Maharashtra By People Living with HIV/AIDS
Apply By: 15 Jul 2022
Network of Maharashtra by People Living with HIV/AIDS.
Inviting application for the post of Linkage Officer, for GFATM, Project “VIHAAN”
NMP+ is a community-based organization formed in 2001, by people living with HIV (PLHIV) to improve the quality of life of infected and affected people with HIV. NMP+ works in entire Maharashtra and Karnataka through CBO and NGO partners to achieve organisations vision and mission. NMP+ is affiliated with National Coalition of People Living With HIV in India (NCPI+) a national level federation of PLHIV CBO’s.
An improved quality of life of people living with and affected HIV and an increased active participation in society.
To improve the quality of life and provide a sense of belonging to people living with HIV and their families for full active participation in society, and reduce further HIV transmission.
NMP+ has been selected as a SR for the Global Fund project named ‘VIHAAN’, a Sanskrit word mean ‘dawn’s first light.’ This programme is being implemented with a key objective to improve the survival and quality of life of PLHIV by establishing 77 Care & Support Centres (CSCs) in Maharashtra and Karnataka state to improve treatment outcomes and meet the needs of PLHIV, including those who are members of high-risk groups, women and children.
Job description: Linkage Officer Maharashtra/Karnataka
Reports to: Programme Manager
Responsible for: 77 Care Support Centers
• Assess the 16 MOU’s signed by NACO with various ministries status and develop the plan of action to do the advocacy with concerned department/ministry for implement these MOU
- Linkage with CSC/KP group with ombudsman /complaint officer establish as per HIV act
- Develop a plan of action along with community to implementation of HIV act in the concerned state
- Contribute to the development and implementation of effective monitoring, review and evaluation strategies and activities for the programme against agreed project deliverables
- Provide capacity building support to CBOs in generating community score card, to report issues related to stock out and also to report stigma and discrimination cases.
- Lead the linkage on importance of preserving HIV TB and Malaria services during COVID.
- Ensure equal access to care and support, giving emphasis to the special needs of key populations emerged due to COVID 19.
- Plan and implement community led advocacy efforts with various stakeholders at national, state and district level.
- Conduct linkage/advocacy meetings at the state level to ensure that linkages of PLHIV with existing social protection schemes are scaled up.
- Generate evidence-based advocacy initiatives for extending various services under the social protection schemes for the community.
- Identify the gaps in terms of availably, accessibility and uptake of HIV related social protection schemes
- Develop a compendium of different welfare schemes for each state that the program is implemented in.
Person Specification Linkage Officer
Any graduate, with at least 3 years of relevant project management experience in the health or development sectors. The position is specifically for community members from PLHIV or key population group with relevant experience and calibre and final decision lies with the interview panel
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of project management at State level
Excellent analytical, writing and verbal communication skills.
Good computer skills using MS office specifically in M.S.Excel
Ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently.
Ability and willingness to undertake travel within Maharashtra /Karnataka State.
Strong commitment to HIV/AIDS and sexual and reproductive health and rights.
Fluent in Marathi, English, Hindi and Kanada
Salary: 50000/- (Depends on experience)
Last Date of Application: on or before 20th July 2022 till 5.30 pm.
E mail your latest and updated CV’s to,
The Project Director, NMP+ with expected salary and joining period
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd