Organization: Habitat for Humanity
Apply By: 02 Dec 2023
About the Organization
In India since 1983, Habitat for Humanity has supported more than 36 million people by helping them build or improve a place they can call home, build improved sanitation units and provide humanitarian aid and disaster-resilient shelter solutions in the aftermath of natural disasters. Through financial support, volunteering, or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Through shelter, we empower.
As a National Organization (NO), Habitat for Humanity India is a beacon of housing transformation, articulating a clear vision and strategy in support of national housing goals and Habitat for Humanity’s global mission. The NO convenes and leads public and private coalitions to implement innovative, evidence-based, systemic housing solutions; build public awareness and support; and secure institutional funding in support of these solutions. The NO is an expert in developing and implementing scalable housing solutions, empowering local communities in co-creating sustainable solutions, and deepening sector knowledge of potential solutions and their impact on human development and poverty alleviation.
Habitat for Humanity India is looking for a National Director to lead the National Organization in fulfilling its critical, complex role as a housing expert, convener, and lead implementer of innovative housing solutions. Reporting to the Chair of Habitat for Humanity India’s Board of Trustees and Area Vice President, Asia-Pacific, Habitat for Humanity International.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Education: Master’s degree required in a relevant field, such as international development or relations, public administration, management, civil engineering, and/or social sciences.
- Significant, successful international experience including proven effective senior management experience, preferably in the non-profit sector and within the region of posting.
- Community development experience is a distinct advantage.
- Experience in non-profit/NGO resource development, plus a local and/or international.
- Programming experience in systems changes and experience working with governments/markets to transform and strengthen systems.
- Experience in developing proposals and successfully executing projects with funding from institutional donors.
- Experience in the development and nurturing of strategic partnerships in both a peer and lead agency role.
- Experience developing and implementing projects funded by complex donors and of working and negotiating with large institutional donors; e.g. DFAT, MFAT USAID, EU, etc.
- A track record of effective and exemplary servant leadership and high-level management.
- Experience in managing people, budgets, and other resources.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and public speaking skills.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, diplomacy, and adaptability.
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database, and email software applications.
- Proficiency in financial management and accounting.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the local culture, society, laws, and customs.
- Experience in Human Resources management.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd