Program Manager, Science & Technology Policy
Organization: Centre for Civil Society(CCS)
Apply By: 30 Oct 2021
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization
CCS envisions a world where each individual leads a life of choice in personal, economic and political spheres and every institution is accountable.
Centre for Civil Society advances social change through public policy. Our work in education, livelihood, and policy training promotes choice and accountability across private and public sectors. To translate policy into practice, we engage with policy and opinion leaders through research, pilot projects and policy training.
We are India’s leading liberal think tank, ranked 5th in India and 83rd in the world by the annual study conducted by 2021 Global Go To Think Tank Index Report released by the University of Pennsylvania.
CCS is looking for a full-time Program Manager for its newest venture S & T Policy@CCS at an exciting time of organisational growth and development. S/he will work in a small and dedicated team, enabling the unit to seamlessly engage with a larger S & T mothership organisation, for which CCS will anchor the policy piece, resulting in a synergistic output. S/he will work towards achieving the larger goal: creating a liberalised scientific and research ecosystem in collaboration with the public, private and social sectors of India.
As Program Manager, S/he will report to the Lead, S & T Policy@CCS, collaborate on and lead S & T policy outreach projects and will partner with the CCS Outreach team to effectively disseminate outputs from our S & T Policy work to research and academic institutions, students, elected representatives, policy makers, media and other important stakeholders.
- Partner with the Outreach team to disseminate S & T policy work to stakeholders in the policy making ecosystem, including the media, government, industry and academia
- Create avenues for participation in dialogues, workshops and conferences on S & T policy by building a robust network of partners, collaborators and supporters
- Write opinion pieces and commentaries on research undertaken and contemporary issues for newspapers, journals and other relevant publications
- Anchor team’s annual plan, program budgets and undertake fund mobilisation strategies
- Raise the level of debate and awareness amongst government, industry, academia and students about the essential role of STEM research in economic development
- Support Lead in establishing CCS as a thought leader in S & T Policy space
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Masters in social sciences, with an established track record in managing programs. Background in public policy or outreach preferred
- 6-8 years experience in research or outreach, in a research institution, government, consulting firm or aligned organisations
- Ability to work with data (Annual Reports, IT system logs, inspection reports, grievance logs, etc) and running primary surveys (questionnaire design and digital data collection), response coding, and analysis of quantitative responses
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to communicate research content to varying audiences in English, Hindi and some key Indian languages (with external support)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to independently create program proposals for partnerships
- Ability to process vast amounts of information and generate useful insights quickly
- Ability to communicate ideas in a clear and concise manner and adapt messages to different interlocutors, including government partners, policy influencers, team members, researchers, partner organisations and donors
- Knowledge of the Indian policy process and political landscape
- Ability to implement and execute independently with little suppor
Soft Skills: Believer of classical liberal thought, entrepreneurial, resilient and, well read, who possesses the ability to nurture teams and drive high performance, public speaking skills, analytical & writing skills and interpersonal skills.
Compensation: CCS recognizes that the right candidate will have a significant impact on the success of the organization and is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package for the non-profit sector, commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates must attach an updated CV, a statement of intent and at least 2 relevant publications/writings. Selected candidates will be called for interviews. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line : Program Manager, S & T Policy @ CCS.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd