Organization: Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM)
Apply By: 15 Jul 2022
Location: (Bihar) (Chhattisgarh) (Maharashtra)
About the Organization
Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM), founded in 1898, was the first institution in the world dedicated to research and teaching in the field of tropical medicine.
As a registered charity, we work across the world, often in very difficult circumstances, to fulfil our mission of reducing the burden of sickness and mortality in disease endemic countries. We do that through the delivery of effective interventions which improve human health and are relevant to the poorest communities.
To support the development of entomological surveillance for dengue, chikungunya, lymphatic filariasis, malaria and visceral leishmaniasis in India. The post holder will also assist in conducting operational research projects to support vector controlefforts.
Working closely with the Programme Manager-India and other team members, the post holder would be required to work in Bihar,Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal States, India to support entomological activities.
- Work closely with the Programme ManagerIndia to implement operational research plans related toIntegrated Entomological Surveillance in India.
- Support implementation of entomological monitoring and indoor residual spraying quality assurance in VL endemic areas.
- Support strengthening the capacity of field staff involved inIntegrated Entomological Surveillance program in India.
- Assist with data entry into the project database system through various platforms including mobile data entry.
- Assist with the planning and organization of resources for the smooth running of field operations, including overseeing the ordering of apparatus, equipment components and materials.
Supervision and training duties
- Work closely with in-country stakeholders to ensure continued follow up with staff post-training.
- Support, mentor and advise staff from in-country stakeholders.
- Travel required to visit the different sites in different states likeBihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal and other different states in India.
- Role as leader and team player for the progress of project and coordinate with line managers, and representatives of partner organisation.
- Support training activities for field team members on basic entomological monitoring and quality assurance procedures.
- Promote equality of opportunity and inclusive practice in all aspects of work undertaken
- Act in a manner that safeguards children and/or vulnerable adults as applicable to the role
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and nature of the role
For more information Please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd