Organization: Swaniti Initiative
Apply By: 12 Oct 2022
Location: (Arunachal Pradesh) (Assam) (Manipur)
About the Organization
Swaniti was founded with the belief that strong democratic institutions will lead to delivery of basic services and lift the most vulnerable out of poverty.
Decision makers across South Asia have the desire to deliver sustainable change, but are limited by a lack of human capital, and insufficient data driven knowledge and insight to target the areas it is most needed. Lack of effective networks and communication between key players at a local and national level also acts as a barrier to change.
Swaniti Initiative is looking for an enthusiastic, curious, empathetic, and action-oriented professional, who is eager to contribute to the government system by providing inputs on the basis of extensive primary and secondary research, inter-governmental department liasoning, and help implement locally suited interventions. The work will be centered around a primary survey, need assessment, situation analysis, data analysis, brainstorming with relevant stakeholders, collaborating with the local bodies, and allied departments of the state government. The team member will be a resource person to several departments of the government and will report directly to the Program Manager of Swaniti Initiative. The position provides a tremendous opportunity to get exposure to multiple domains while working with the allied departments of the government.
- The Project Manager is expected to summarize evidence from the field research and plan the corresponding strategy for the execution of the action plan.
- To manage the day-to-day operations of the team and represent the team at the relevant policy review meetings at different levels of the government in coordination with relevant stakeholders
Stakeholder Management and Relationship Building:
- Build and maintain effective relationships with strategic authorities at the state headquarters like the secretaries of the departments, commissioners of the allied departments, directors, and project officers at the divisional and district level
- Establish a consistent communication network among each of these stakeholders for immediate course correction measures
- Cross-vertical collaboration: Initiate and participate in cross-vertical collaboration opportunities across the various departments in the State machinery such as providing systematic support to an on-going research project etc.
Institutionalize Systemic changes:
- The Project Manager is expected to provide recommendations and support to the government in institutionalizing structural policy interventions.
- Work with policymakers if needed to get the reforms institutionalized
- The Project Manager has to provide required assistance and guidance to the government stakeholders to ensure that the recommendations are adopted and disseminated at each level of the administrative machinery.
- The Project Manager will be expected to manage the performance of Associate and Analysts
- The PM will also be responsible for the professional well-being of the team members maintaining the quality of delivery
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Masters in subjects like Rural Management, Development Studies, Economics, Regulatory Governance, Public Policy, Rural Development/Statistics, etc.
- Minimum two years of work experience is required. Preference will be given to professionals having work experience with the government
- Excellent communication skills and writing abilities (in English) to draft policy memos, proposals, and project reports, etc.
- Prior experience of working with tea garden workers can be previously involved in primary research or secondary research. Primary research preferred)
- Prior experience with any field surveys in rural areas
- Ability to communicate in Hindi, Bengali and Assamese will be preferred
Skill and aptitude required:
- Team Management
- Critical thinking ability
- Problem-Solving skills
- Leadership and Strategic Management
- Data Analysis
- Proficiency in MS office and basic IT Tools
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd