Project Officer-Knowledge Management and Learning Evaluation
Apply By: 13 Dec 2022
About the Organization
CARE is a not-for-profit organisation working in India for over 70 years, focusing on alleviating poverty and social injustice. We do this through well-planned and comprehensive projects in health, education, livelihoods and disaster preparedness and response. Our overall goal is the empowerment of women and girls from poor and marginalised communities leading to improvement in their lives and livelihoods.
PO-KMLE, is responsible for leading monitoring, evaluation, data management, learning review and documentation under the project.
The PO-KMLE will support the achievement of the project goal of “Waste pickers, especially women, are empowered to pursue dignified and gainful alternative livelihoods within an enabling environment”.
In order to achieve this, the PO-KMLE will support progress on four inter-connected areas, which includes (i) skills and capacities of the target groups, (ii) promoting collective action among the waste pickers, (iii) facilitating access to relevant services, schemes, resources and opportunities and finally (iv) creating an enabling environment for the waste pickers through engaging with and sensitising relevant ecosystem actors and institutions.
S/He will lead the process of finalization of operational and monitoring plans in consultation with the Program Manager. S/he will be responsible to design the form of monitoring and evaluation framework under the project. S/he will also provide critical data and write-ups to other team members for evidence-based governance and advocacy on various themes of the project.
Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Design and develop a Project Monitoring Framework (PMF)
- Ensure incorporation of gender and diversity aspects in the PMF and actual M&E on field
- Assist the Program Manager in the preparation of quarterly implementation plans and budgets
- Capacitate the project team and partners in providing relevant data and interpreting PMF outputs for improved project implementation and management
- Facilitate regular collection, compilation and analysis of project data and ensure maintenance and updating of project MIS in consultation and with the support of several domain experts, stakeholders and volunteers working in the government, private and community sectors
- Ensures that the project and partners comply with the M&E requirement of the project
- Provide need-based support to the project team and Program manager in developing quality standards and process indicators for all interventions
- Support the Program manager in analyzing data and taking appropriate decisions
- Support CIHQ in co-ordination and conduct of evaluation and assessments
Baseline/Endline Studies and Impact Assessment
- Along with the Program Manager, be the custodian of baseline data related to the project
- Design baseline and endline studies and co-ordinate their conduct through external agencies
- Provide project-related data and information (including impact data) as required by the Program manager and CIHQ
- Conceptualize and lead impact assessment in the project, leveraging internal and external resources and expertise for this
Project Documentation and Learning
- Acquire, database and compile, all relevant statistical data and authoritative reports on the project area, communities, and themes; update this databank through reliable contacts and links
- Prepare context analysis write-ups for use in various kinds of reports and proposals emanating from the project
- Finalizing the learning agenda and its timeline for the project, in consultation with the Program Manager and leading its roll-out (including generating evidence and informing CARE India’s Long-Term Programming)
- Design, lead and support data collection, aggregation, validation, analysis and reporting in formats and dashboards
- Conduct or/ and support conduct of studies/research in various relevant thematic areas, and involving project team, interns and/or resource organizations
- Package and disseminate project learning for various internal and external audience to achieve specific and strategic objectives
- Lead process- and photo-documentation of project activities and make this resource available to the Program manager and CIHQ for reporting, communication and dissemination
- Assist project team in conducting gender analysis of the project, and incorporation of its learning in project activities and content
- Develop innovative and appropriate content, tools, methods, internal processes and systems for quality and timely delivery of technical assistance
- Lead setting up of mechanisms for knowledge gathering, analysis and dissemination for the program
- Manage learning documents, training modules, other literature from / related to the project and facilitate their timely access by project team members and CIHQ, as required
- Conceptualize, promote and support cross-learning across projects through regular information exchange and exposure visits
- Support program team in quality reporting and documentation by verifying the technical content of reports, publication and other knowledge tools
- Prepare progress reports as required internally and for donor reporting, using inputs provided by the project team and partners.
- Perform any other task assigned by the line manager as per organizational requirement
- Contribute to ensure visibility of project efforts and achievements on various internal (e.g., CARE’s website, blogs, Annual Report, Yammer) and external platforms / for a (publications, workshops/seminars, journals)
- Document caselets and case studies based on project learning and experiences
- Ensure that donor reports (both technical and financial) are developed in time, incorporating inputs and feedback from project team members, RPM and CIHQ, and are readied for submission to the donor
- Keep the Program manager updated on project progress vis-à-vis plan
Gender Equity & Diversity
- To promote & integrate organizational GED strategies in team and project
- To integrate strategies, policies and practices that promote real change at all levels of the organization with GED at its centre.
- To establish mechanisms that ensure continuous progress in team/project on GED
Emergency Response & Disaster Preparedness
- Required to provide support and undertake specified emergency assignments identified as part of the CARE India’s Roster for Emergency Deployment during the time of disasters/emergencies.
- Undertake the specified role and responsibilities identified as a part of the CARE India Emergency Roster.
- Be familiar with CARE emergency protocols and respective roles as per the functional area under which member has been nominated.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree in statistics/economics/demography/social science related field
- Minimum three years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of development projects
- Hands-on experience in conducting qualitative/quantitative surveys
- Has experience of preparing analytical/project reports
- Ability to develop tools for data collection
- Willing to travel in operational areas
- Ability to train the filed staff on monitoring tools
- Monitor field level data collection
- Willing to undertake documentation of case stories, write articles and blogs and disseminate project learnings
Skills & Competencies
- High level of proficiency in English is a must
- Fluent in Kannada/Tamil/Telugu is essential
- Proficiency in computers (knowledge of Ms Office, Excel and power point, etc)
- Able to conduct primary and secondary research for identifying the newest trends and incorporate them in program / process approach
Team Management & Collaboration / People skills:
- High social intelligence: able to engage and influence teams, create relationships of trust with stakeholders
- Adept at co-creation: naturally collaborative and solutions focused
- Conflict resolution: comfortable with negotiating and resolving conflict; seeking clarity and testing assumptions
- Able to reflect, empathetic, and a good listener
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd