Regional Programme Officer – Asia
Organization: Marie Stopes International
Apply By: 21 Sep 2020
About the Organization:
At Marie Stopes International they are unapologetically pro-choice. They believe that every woman has the right to make choices about her own body and her own future. As one of the world’s leading providers of contraception and safe abortion care, they give women the means to do so. Their team members, working across 37 countries, provide high quality, safe services to women, when and where they need them. Because when a woman can determine her own future, she can contribute to creating a better, more sustainable future for everyone.
Position: Regional Programme Officer – Asia
About the Role
The Regional Programme Officer (RPO) Asia role can be based in any of the nine Asia country programmes (*this will be on a local contract with no international benefits attached. You must have the right to work in the country).
The Asia region is a large, diverse and dynamic region facing particular challenges of sustainability. With decreasing levels of traditional donor funding, there is an urgent need to transition programmes and teams in the towards greater sustainability. Under the direction of the Regional Operations Manager, this wide-ranging role will contribute to the region’s implementation of MSI’s new strategy. You will provide critical support to country programmes including support a range of business intelligence activities including performance reporting, benchmarking, dashboard analysis - championing innovative approaches to drive sustainability. You will lead on the tracking and analysis of monthly performance using BI and other programme data to contribute to Month End Review and Quarterly Review processes and be accountable for tracking follow up actions.
Depending on the country portfolio assigned you will also lead on the monitoring of donor project performance including tracking project deliverables and budget. You will work with other LSO teams to ensure these reports are submitted to donors and other stakeholders ahead of deadlines.
You will advise country programmes on MSI standards and donor contract compliance.
- Business intelligence: Support a range of business intelligence activities including performance reporting, benchmarking, dashboard analysis - championing innovative approaches to drive sustainability
- Business planning: Support the CPs in the development and monitoring of annual business plan KPIs and lead on the review process, using InforBI and other tools to analyse past/current trends and performance, as required.
- Monthly and Quarterly Reviews: Lead on the tracking and analysis of monthly performance using BI and other programme data to contribute to Month End Review and Quarterly Review processes. Lead on tracking follow up actions.
- Quarterly Forecasting: Support the RFD and ROM with the review of rolling forecasts ahead of quarterly submission deadlines.
- ·Systems roll out: Support the CPs with the effective roll out of all MSI standards, systems and tools, in line with guidance issued from LSO as required. Monitor implementation of systems by carrying out regular monitoring visits, and ensure feedback, follow up, and support based on the result of these activities
- Clinical quality: Track implementation and compliance with clinical quality recommendations, QTA action plans, maintenance of training and competency assessment database, compliance with SIP requirements, as required. ·
- Procurement: In collaboration with the Global Procurement Team, support CPs with procurement planning, tracking of minimum order levels, product pipelines and compliance with procurement processes. ·
- Country representation and expertise: Be the MSI support office expert on country programme operations, context and approach. Represent country programmes in the support office and other fora as required. Advise technical teams on country programmes. ·
- Human resources: Where necessary, support SMT/EMT country programme team members and support the country programme HR team with the induction of senior country programme staff.
- Risk: Support the wider Asia region with tracking of risks and opportunities, providing ongoing guidance and coordination as needed to mitigate risk
- Skill development: Identify needs and support developing capacity in key skills such as data analysis, and report writing. · Technical assistance: Provide ongoing support to CPs, drawing in other RST members and LSO departments (i.e. TSD) as needed to meet technical assistance requirements.
- New business Development: Support the Proposal Design and Development team in the development of new business strategies and donor proposals, including narratives, workplans, logical frameworks, budgets, and other technical documents.
- Programme Management Functions with grants (Minimal, if any dependent country portfolios assigned) · Monitoring Project Performance: Lead on the monitoring of project performance to ensure select projects are on track against project deliverables and budget versus actuals raising any areas of concern to the Regional Operations Manager.
The link to apply for the position of Regional Programme Officer – Asia is mentioned below and the closing date is 21 September 2020
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd