Research Associate : The Power of Agency: Evidence from a Participatory Agricultural Transformation
Organization: Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
Apply By: 13 Dec 2022
About the Organization
The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) is a global research center working to reduce poverty by ensuring that policy is informed by scientific evidence. Anchored by a network of 294 affiliated professors at universities around the world, J-PAL conducts randomized impact evaluations to answer critical questions in the fight against poverty.
J-PAL co-founders Abhijit Banerjee and Esther Duflo, with longtime affiliate Michael Kremer, were awarded the 2019 Nobel Prize in Economics for their pioneering approach to alleviating global poverty.
- Support PxD with testing of game
- Pilot a few versions of the game on the field prior to actual launch
- Support PxD with development of resources for the farmer workshops
- Develop research and field protocols for the study and manage the IRB application
- Train the field team to conduct the workshops
- Set up quality checks for the implementation
- Develop field plans for the workshops
- Procure and manage logistics for the field team such as tablets, field stay etc.
- Manage the field team while they conduct the workshops across districts
- Ensure adherence to the timelines for the study and monitor enumerator performance closely. Flag any issues immediately without time lags.
- Data management to ensure proper data flow and storage as per approved protocol
- Assist with creating project documentation for reporting purposes.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in economics, public policy, social sciences, engineering, development studies
- Prefer any experience conducting research/managing development sector activities in the context of India, especially focus group discussions, training workshops for participants of an intervention, agricultural extension activities etc.
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English and preferably Kannada. Must know spoken Hindi, if not Kannada.
- Basics in Stata, R or other data analysis software.
- Ability to manage good working relationships with partner organizations.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd