Subscribe our Weekly Newsletter
Research Associate Position - Smart Plugs for energy demand flexibility project
Organization: Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
Apply By: 13 Jun 2023
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization
The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) is a global research center working to reduce poverty by ensuring that policy is informed by scientific evidence. Anchored by a network of more than 295 affiliated researchers at universities around the world, J-PAL conducts randomized impact evaluations to answer critical questions in the fight against poverty.
J-PAL co-founders Abhijit Banerjee and Esther Duflo, with longtime affiliate Michael Kremer, were awarded the 2019 Nobel Prize in Economics for their pioneering approach to alleviating global poverty.
This study seeks to test the drivers and barriers related to the adoption of “smart plugs” as means of increasing demand flexibility at the appliance level that can ultimately reduce energy usage at peak times in India. Such demand flexibility feeds into India’s national objective of expanding renewable energy and reducing the need for fossil fuel back-up generation for ensuring reliability of power supply at peak times.
The RA will work closely with academic researchers and other field staff to perform a variety tasks including, but not limited to:
- Engaging with government stakeholders, especially Discoms. The candidate will be expected to relocate.
- Understanding demand side management, demand response pilots and communicating to stakeholders, how our proposed pilot fits into the landscape
- Content creation for workshops/advisory as may relevant to the engagement
- Coordinating with Principal Investigators to implement data collection and administrative data analysis
- Independently leading primary data collection activities which involves, preparing survey questionnaires, hiring and training a survey team, conducting high frequency data quality checks to ensure data quality
- Coordinating with other partner organisations on clear distribution of tasks and timelines
- Any other tasks as requested, including desk/literature survey and support in preparation of meetings, presentations, updates to government stakeholders and principal investigators.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of statistical packages - R and STATA is required.
- Prior experience with on-field primary data collection
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Master’s degree in economics, public policy, mathematics, statistics, data science or related fields.
- Prior experience working with stakeholders, conducting primary data collection, and exposure to the energy and environment sector is desirable.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd