Senior Climate Resilience and Adaptation Specialist
Apply By: 04 Oct 2023
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization
ICF is a global consulting and technology services company with approximately 9,000 employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future.
ICF is seeking candidates for the role of a Senior Climate Resilience and Adaptation Specialist for the anticipated five-year, U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Health Systems Strengthening and Building Resilience to Future Pandemics and Climate Change Activity in India. The purpose of this five-year project is to ensure India’s health system is prepared to prevent and respond to future challenges it faces such as climate change, emerging infectious disease outbreaks, and epidemiologic transition through comprehensive integrated primary healthcare, strengthening the continuum of care offered from the primary to secondary and tertiary facilities, expanded disease surveillance, maximizing the efficiency of public health financing, and increasing private sector engagement to improve health outcomes.
- Lead the development of a risk assessment for India’s health system to understand the hazards, risks, and challenges faced due to climate change and other future changes.
- Leading the design and implementation of climate resilience and adaptation strategies and interventions that will help strengthen India's health systems in the face of climate change hazards and pandemics.
- Developing and integrating program activities that promote climate change mitigation, adaptation, and resilience measures into the health system.
- Providing technical leadership on policies and strategies related to climate change adaptation and ensuring that all activities are designed and implemented in accordance with international best practices and standards.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, including government agencies, non-governmental organizations, and other key partners.
- Developing and implementing capacity building and knowledge management programs that allow for the dissemination of best practices and lessons learned in the field of climate resilience and adaptation.
- Ensuring adequate documentation and dissemination of findings, successes and lessons learned for replication into other programs.
- Serving as a technical expert in the field of climate change adaptation and representing the project at technical working groups, conferences, and other relevant forums.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, environmental studies, international development, or related degree
- 8+ years of experience in technical roles relating to climate change resilience and adaptation.
- 6 + years of experience supporting large, complex donor-funded health system strengthening and climate change adaptation international development programs.
- 3 + years of experience with the Government of India at the national and sub-national levels.
- Demonstrated understanding of climate change effects on India’s national development priorities and infrastructure, including its health system.
- 10+ years in climate change technical advisory services in India.
- Master’s degree in in public health, environmental studies, international development, or related degree
- Have strategic vision, leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical expertise and experience, solid management experience, strong interpersonal, written, and oral presentation skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the program description.
- Experience designing, managing, and implementing complex and comprehensive global health security, infectious disease prevention, and/or national health systems projects.
- Experience with USAID project management, agency policies, regulations, and MEL and reporting requirements
- Prior leadership of climate change adaptation programs in India desired.
- Experience working with national and sub-national level government officials and health providers, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage success in multi-component projects with multi-functional teams and international consultants.
- Advanced communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd