Senior Manager/ Associate Director-Public policy & Regulatory affairs
Organization: United States Pharmacopeial Convention
Apply By: 15 Mar 2021
About the Organization:
For 200 years, USP has been building trust where it matters most: in the world’s medicines, dietary supplements, and foods. They do this through establishing public scientific standards and programs that help ensure billons of people around the world have access to safe and quality products. At USP, you’ll join a talented and diverse team of 1,200 scientific, technical and public health professions, working in state-of-the-art facilities and collaborating with the world’s leading experts from industry, academia, healthcare, and government to address public health challenges and advance cutting-edge innovation.
Position: Senior Manager/ Associate Director, Public policy and Regulatory affairs, South Asia
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide the organization with insights into, and analysis of, regulatory developments related to medicines and other applied programs, such as dietary supplements and foods, from key government agencies in South Asia
- Serve as a key USP relationship manager with regulatory and government stakeholders in South Asia, partnering with and leveraging USP internal resources globally to advance collaboration opportunities. Identify, monitor, and communicate key regulatory initiatives and policy trends.
- Engage USP leadership and staff on those trends and work with them to analyze their impact on USP programs and strategies.
- Participate in the development and execution of public policy strategy, including active monitoring of key policy developments around the quality of medicines and food including engagement with relevant policymakers
- Provide the organization with insight into government policy priorities related to medicines access and quality and other applied programs
- Build collaborative relationships with key public sector stakeholders and seek partnership opportunities
- Map and prioritize stakeholders and influencers and build and execute engagement plan
- Formalize relationships with key stakeholder organizations through a memorandum of understandings and develop work plans for building, executing, and maintaining long-lasting relationships
- Collaborate with other USP experts in support of plan execution
Communications and Advocacy:
- Develop a communication strategy for the organization and tailor the communication specific to various departments in South Asia
- Co-ordination with PR agencies and work on media communications to ensure appropriate visibility of the organization in the region
- Partner with the marketing team to develop and manage content for leadership blogs, organization’s website, marketing collaterals, company initiatives, and business success stories
- Partner with the marketing team to coordinate and develop content for a spectrum of channels including print, online, social media primarily for external communications
- Work closely with the design team to deliver high-quality deliverables, maintaining consistent brand identity
- Participate in relevant national and regional fora to advocate for quality and patient safety.
- Master’s degree or a Ph.D. in public health, public policy, regulatory policy, or relevant area of health care with 08 to 12 years of experience in regulatory policy, stakeholder relations, and advocacy.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience representing a non-profit organization.
- Prior experience in a public health-based organization.
- Evidence of good written and verbal communications skills
- Ability and desire to work well with diverse regulatory and policy stakeholders in a cooperative and friendly manner.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work flexible hours when needed.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd