Senior Program Associate – Climate Program
Organization: World Resources Institute
Apply By: 04 Oct 2023
Location: New Delhi(Delhi) Bengaluru(Karnataka) Mumbai(Maharashtra)
About the Organization
WRI is a trusted partner for change. Using research-based approaches, we work globally and in focus countries to meet people’s essential needs; to protect and restore nature; and to stabilize the climate and build resilient communities. We aim to fundamentally transform the way the world produces and uses food and energy and designs its cities to create a better future for all.
WRI India is looking for Senior Project Associates/ Project Associates for its Climate Program. The selected candidates will contribute to research, modelling, and capacity building activities related to India’s low-carbon development pathways. The positions offer a good opportunity to contribute to shaping the analysis of alternative low-carbon development pathways based on research and energy-economy modelling.
The selected candidates will work with the research team in developing sectoral roadmaps for different sectors (such as power, industry); thematic studies related to just transition/ climate resilience as well as developing/ analysing model scenarios on low-carbon development pathways. The candidates are also expected to contribute to the organisation of multistakeholder dialogues and workshops with diverse stakeholders including the government, industry, academia, civil society organisations, and think tanks. The dialogues and workshops will serve at platforms to identify and prioritise research questions, exchange knowledge and disseminate research findings.
The candidates should have a broad understanding of energy and climate landscape in the country and prior research and writing experience (either energy-economy modelling or quantitative research/ qualitative research on environment/ energy/ climate policy issues).
The senior project associate/ project associate will be responsible for the following tasks.
- Contribute to research including energy-economy modelling, development of sectoral roadmaps, policy analysis, and thematic studies on topics such as just energy transition, climate resilience, and low-carbon technology impacts.
- Understand and interpret findings from energy-economy modelling in India in the context of low-carbon development pathways.
- Contribute to the development and co-creation of alternate climate policy scenarios for India in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- Support data collection and analysis for energy-economy modelling initiatives within the team.
- Coordinate events for engagement with internal and external stakeholders through roundtables, seminars, workshops, policy dialogues, training, and other communication and outreach activities.
- Contribute to the production of event summary reports and proceedings.
- Support the development of tools to track and strengthen climate action planning.
- Publish research publications, thematic studies, low-carbon roadmaps, policy briefs, and blogs on topics related to long-term climate strategies, decarbonization, low-carbon sectoral roadmaps, sectoral transition strategies, and just transitions.
- Stay updated on the policy landscape, sectoral developments, and industry trends in relation to climate policy and just transitions.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Post graduate degree in environmental/ climate science, economics, public policy, engineering, statistics, urban/ environmental planning, development, or related subject.
- Minimum 2-7 years of full-time work experience in research roles related to one or more of these topics: energy-economy modelling, environment-development issues, energy sector, climate policy, emissions inventory, or related topics.
- Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Proficiency in the use MS Office: Excel, Word & Powerpoint.
- Comfort with quantitative data analysis using tools like R, SPSS, etc.
- Prior writing experience as demonstrated through published papers/journal articles related to quantitative analysis on climate change mitigation.
- Familiarity with public data sources related to energy, income and employment.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Good understanding of climate/ energy policy issues and ecosystem in India.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of teams.
- Willingness to travel to project locations and support the organisation of workshops and stakeholder consultations.
- Knowledge of systems thinking and systems mapping.
- Prior experience in using Vensim/ STELLA or R or Python.
- Experience in the use of QGIS/ ArcGIS for spatial analyses.
- Experience in conducting stakeholder consultations.
- Proactive and enthusiastic team player with a strong interest in climate/ energy policy issues in India.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd