Senior Research Associate (Public Policy)
Organization: CUTS International
Apply By: 21 Dec 2022
About the Organization
CUTS International (Consumer Unity & Trust Society) began its journey in 1983 in Rajasthan, from a rural development communication initiative, a wall newspaper Gram Gadar (Village Revolution). This monthly wall newspaper is published regularly and has been instrumental in providing a forum for the oppressed classes to get justice. On seeing Gram Gadar, Rubens Ricupero, Secretary-General of UNCTAD (1995-2004) observed: “It confirmed my view that often the simple lack of awareness lies at the root of so much misery”.
We seek an experienced Senior Research Associate (SRA) with expertise in public policy research, covering areas like jobs, doing business, regulatory issues, competitiveness, economic reforms, to be a part of a dynamic research team within CUTS. The SRA will collect primary and/or secondary data for preparing research reports, writing briefing papers, monographs, viewpoint papers etc. Knowledge of practical aspects of economic policy issues and background in economics or law is required. This will involve working with different teams within CUTS to develop, capacitate and deliver the research.
- Carry out primary and secondary research that would help strengthen advocacy initiatives.
- Analyse and interpret results of studies, and prepare reports detailing findings, recommendations, or conclusions.
- Research and analysis with respect to proposed legislation and regulations.
- Prepare research reports, writing briefing papers, policy briefs, discussion papers etc.
- Make recommendations for programmes and policies based on research findings.
- Consult with government officials research agencies and representatives of other stakeholders.
- Assist in organising and conducting surveys, events, etc.
- Liaison with funders and prepare project proposals, concept notes, etc.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Post Graduate from an institute of good repute in Public Policy, Economics, Law and/or regulatory affairs;
- 4-6 years of professional experience;
- Previous experience of public policy research/publication/advocacy will be desirable;
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment.
- A good working knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research with strong analytical skills and exceptional project management skills;
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd