Senior Specialist – Fund Raising
Organization: Population Foundation of India
Apply By: 15 Oct 2023
The Population Foundation of India (PFI) is a national non-government organization at the forefront of policy advocacy and research on population, health and development issues in the country. PFI leads advocacy efforts and works as a think-tank dedicated to promoting and advocating effective formulation and implementation of gender sensitive population, health and development policies, strategies, and programs in the country. Policy advocacy, social and behavior change communication, community action and knowledge management are some of the key strategies that PFI works on to achieve the organization’s goals.
Over the years, PFI has played a catalytic role to address issues relating to gender equality, women empowerment and other social determinants. PFI is committed to serving the economically weak and marginalized sections of society in the high priority districts (HPDs) with poor socio-health-demographic indicators.
Job Description: Senior Specialist – Fund Raising
Duration: 2 Years
Responsible to : Senior Management
Job Function: Fundraising
Purpose: S/he shall also be responsible for leading the delivery of the fundraising strategy, and identifying new opportunities through institutional, corporate and individual channels.
- Responsible for developing and executing target oriented resource mobilization plan to deliver strategy and annual work plans
- Research and map potential funding opportunities from institutional donors and corporates on regular basis;
- Develop and operationalize a strategy for donor acquisition and retention;
- Write customized concept notes, project ideas, project proposals in coordination with team / thematic leads in the organization and ensure their timely submission. Responsible for end to end proposal management process.
- Adapt, customize and align projects undertaken by the organization, with the mandate of donors
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships and communication with potential donor agency partners and related government departments, corporations, academic and other relevant agencies;
- Develop and implement structured stewardship and communication plans to ensure donors are acknowledged in a timely manner;
- Engage with the communications team to plan appropriate communication strategies for donors;
- Develop a conceptual understanding and stay up to date with ongoing programmes at PFI
- Ensure that appropriate systems are in place to deliver resource mobilization strategy, including an effective information management system;
- Promote linkages to institutional funding sources and the corporate sector
- Undertake independent research to identify alternative resources for the long-term sustainability of the organization;
- Set-up and lead the resource mobilization team with clear and defined goals; Monitor and track team performance on a monthly basis; Provide performance updates to the ED and facilitate regular training of the team for skill-set enhancement;
- Represent the organization at forums and networks with sector/ non-sectoral representatives for greater outreach.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Sound understanding of non-profit fundraising principles;
- Excellent proposal writing skills;
- Good research skills
- Dynamic personality and ability to engage with people;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to navigate challenging situations to achieve goals and deadlines;
- Demonstrated honesty and integrity of a high order;
- Excellent people management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong networking and negotiation skills;
- Willingness to travel
- Working together:
Is a team player and works closely within the team as well as with cross functional teams.
- Communication Skills:
Excellent written and verbal skills to network
Understands the demands of organization needs and can identify and respond to urgent tasks
- Willingness to Learn:
Continuously works towards improving professional competence by acquiring new skills
- Delivering Results:
Is goal oriented and takes initiative in identifying alternate methods to ensure high quality results.
- Post Graduate Degree/ Diploma in Business Management, Marketing, Finance, Communication, or other relevant discipline from a respected educational institution.
- Minimum 10-12 years of relevant experience in donor fund raising/ proposal writing/resource mobilization/ business development, including five years at the senior level;
- Proven track record of establishing high value partnerships and meeting fundraising targets;
- Experience of networking, negotiating and influencing, at a senior level and with high profile clients;
- Good knowledge of the social development sector
- Proficient in MS Office
Please send your updated CV with a covering letter describing your suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by October 15, 2023. Please mention the position “Senior Specialist – Fund Raising” in the subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd