Organization: Tata Institute of Social Sciences
Apply By: 23 Sep 2023
About the Organization
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work. In 1944, it was renamed as the Tata Institute of Social Sciences. The year 1964 was an important landmark in the history of the Institute, when it was declared Deemed to be a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act (UGC), 1956.
Applications are invited for the below post to be appointed on Contractual basis for a period of one year initially and extendable based on performance of the candidate and requirement of the Institute. The Teaching Fellow will be responsible for doing research, documentation, and reporting on an assigned topic, providing curriculum development support, preparing/ collating reading resources/ compendium, classroom or laboratory teaching, moderating class, counselling students, proctoring examinations, grading papers, assisting logistics for organizing classes, managing social media for the program related activity, supporting administration of school including admission related works for MIEMP, facilitating extracurricular activities for the school, and providing other general assistance in instruction process for effective implementation of the ECI-TISS MA project.
The Fellow would be reporting to the Project-Leader, Chairperson- of the Centre, assigned faculty and the senior staff of the project. They will also work in close coordination with International/national area experts and short-term experts. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the ProjectLeader, Chairperson- of the Centre, and assigned faculty as per the requirements of the project. Weekly work requirements and schedules will be discussed to ensure that the work priorities can be accomplished within the scheduled time.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Master's degree in any branch of Social Sciences preferably political science, public administration, international relations, development studies, human resource management, economics and population studies.
- Good Academic record with at least 55% of the marks or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed at the Institutions.
- Relevant experience with exposure for report writing and data analysis preferably in the election research & management, political science, law and governance and public policy preferred.
- Ph.D scholars are encouraged to apply with the NoC of their supervisors/ guides.
- A good understanding of social, political and governance aspects
- Good computer skills: STATA, SPSS, Microsoft Word/Excel/ PowerPoint and Internet
- Report writing, Data analysis and Presentation
- Knowledge of basic statistical concepts and the ability to deal with large datasets.
- Willing to travel for the project work.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd