Applications Invited for Certificate Program in Youth Leadership & Social Change
Institute Name: Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Apply By: 30 Nov 2020
About the Organization:
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) is a deemed university fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India. TISS offers over 50 Master’s Degree programmes from its Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad Campuses. Masters’ programmes are offered in a range of socially relevant inter-disciplinary areas.
Certificate Programme in Youth Leadership and Social Change
Youth form an integral part of any society, and are part and parcel of the development process. As per the Census data of India 2011, India is a young nation, The adolescent and the youth population constitute a critical segments of the Indian population as the future demographic, social, economic and political development depends on them.
To provide certified training to youth workers, in order to promote the understanding and practice of social change through self empowerment and development of leadership qualities.
- Provide knowledge about youth issues and challenges, thereby contextualize these issues and challenges in contemporary India.
- Develop analytical skills so that learners may begin the process of critically reflecting upon the institutions/policies/cultural beliefs that influence youth and their lives in the process of participating in social change.
- Build leadership capacities of learners to empower youth to identify their rights and responsibilities and facilitate their participation in social, political and cultural issues affecting them.
- Equip the trainees with a range of practice skills required when intervening on issues of social change and development.
At the end of the course, the learners would be able to,
- Utilize the learning experiences gained during the course, for their personal growth as leaders, for transformation and self empowerment.
- Be self-motivated and skilled to reach out to more youth to engage in social and community work. Apply the learnings to diverse social contexts and implement a range of strategies suitable in different environments (communitarian and organizational).
Duration: Six months, Part time, Weekend programme
Last Date: 30th November, 2020
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd