Applications Invited for M.B.A. (Sustainability Management)
Institute Name: TERI School of Advanced Studies
Apply By: 07 Jul 2023
About the Organization
TERI SAS commits itself to academic excellence and provides an environment that will encourage both personal and intellectual growth through teaching, creating and sharing knowledge.
TERI School of Advanced Studies was set up as a Trust by TERI (The Energy and Resources Institute) - a not-for-profit, independent research institute recognized globally for its contribution to scientific and policy research in the realms of energy, environment, and sustainable development in 1998. In 1999, the TERI School of Advanced Studies was granted the ‘Deemed to be University’ status by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified vide the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Department of Education, Government of India, notification no. F.9/19/95-U-3, dated October 5, 1999. The objective of the TERI SAS is to build capacity around various themes of sustainable development adopting an inter-disciplinary approach and incorporating the most contemporary, research-based evidence into the curriculum. Since its inception, the TERI SAS has offered not just world-class education, but also an environment that enables its students to develop fresh perspective in their subject areas. Beyond the academic programmes, the deemed University is actively reaching out to school and college students as also to mid-career professionals to sensitize them towards the environment and sustainable development in a systemic, solutions-oriented manner. The deemed University started functioning from its ‘green campus’, located in Vasant Kunj, in 2008 and today offers a dozen Masters programmes and has nearly 200 PhD students enrolled. It has started work on developing a new campus at Hyderabad, Telangana in the south of India and hopes to start offering academic programmes from this campus .
About the Program
Businesses across the globe are realizing the importance of integrating sustainability into business practices. Much of the pressure is coming in through various stakeholders, such as the customers, shareholders, and the government. This has created a need for managers in different sectors- public, private and not for profit, to maintain a balance between three pillars of sustainability i.e. people, planet and profit. The M.B.A. (Sustainability Management) at the TERI SAS equips students with acumen to lead in a resource-sensitive world amid increasing competition and concern for sustainable development. Different courses such as Principles and Concepts of Sustainability, Climate Change and Development, Sustainability Reporting, Corporate Social Responsibility, Strategies for sustainable business, Business, Natural Ecosystems and Community, Accounting and Finance for Sustainability taught in the programme help the students recognize the need, challenges and ways to approach long-term viability of businesses through management and optimization of resources without compromising on profitability and competitiveness.
Programme Specific Outcomes
At the end of pursuing the MBA (Sustainability Management) program the students are expected achieve the following -
- Ability to formulate, evaluate and implement crucial business strategies with core facets of Finance, Marketing and Sustainability;
- Competence to make ethical business decisions with social and environmental consciousness;
- Leadership and teamwork mastery of problem solving in a resource-sensitive world amid increasing competition;
- Training in tools, techniques, and frameworks for developing critical thinking & communication skills;
- Develop expertise to recognize the need, challenges and ways to approach for sustainable businesses through resource optimization without compromising on profitability and competitiveness;
- Gain hands-on experience in applying business, economic, management, legal and sustainability concepts & practice along training in quantitative and qualitative methods of research.
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline with English at 10+2 level
- The candidate will be shortlisted based on CAT/MAT/GMAT/CMAT/XAT scores. Candidates who have not appeared for the above exams can take the TERI SAS common entrance test.
- Candidates with more than 2 years of relevant work experience may be exempted from requirement (2) above depending on the discretion of the selection committee.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd