Subscribe our Weekly Newsletter
Applications Invited for M.Sc. (Environmental Studies and Resource Management)
Institute Name: TERI SAS
Apply By: 07 Jul 2023
About the Organization
TERI SAS commits itself to academic excellence and provides an environment that will encourage both personal and intellectual growth through teaching, creating and sharing knowledge.
TERI School of Advanced Studies was set up as a Trust by TERI (The Energy and Resources Institute) - a not-for-profit, independent research institute recognized globally for its contribution to scientific and policy research in the realms of energy, environment, and sustainable development in 1998. In 1999, the TERI School of Advanced Studies was granted the ‘Deemed to be University’ status by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified vide the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Department of Education, Government of India, notification no. F.9/19/95-U-3, dated October 5, 1999. The objective of the TERI SAS is to build capacity around various themes of sustainable development adopting an inter-disciplinary approach and incorporating the most contemporary, research-based evidence into the curriculum. Since its inception, the TERI SAS has offered not just world-class education, but also an environment that enables its students to develop fresh perspective in their subject areas. Beyond the academic programmes, the deemed University is actively reaching out to school and college students as also to mid-career professionals to sensitize them towards the environment and sustainable development in a systemic, solutions-oriented manner. The deemed University started functioning from its ‘green campus’, located in Vasant Kunj, in 2008 and today offers a dozen Masters programmes and has nearly 200 PhD students enrolled. It has started work on developing a new campus at Hyderabad, Telangana in the south of India and hopes to start offering academic programmes from this campus .
About the Program
There is an urgent need for efficient utilization and management of resources to ensure sustainable development. Such efforts require a deeper understanding of the development process, the driving factors and the interlinkages within the system.
The M.Sc. ESRM lays foundation for the students from diverse backgrounds to understand the interdisciplinarity of environmental and resources management and learn various tools and techniques. The programme is designed to build a cadre of professionals who are equipped with the knowledge and skillsets to deal with scientific and policy aspects related to environment and resource management.
The theoretical concepts acquired through classroom session and seminars are complemented by the exposure to the real-world scenarios through various field visits during the two years programme. Students also get opportunities to be part of ongoing research projects in the university and enhance their knowledge. This unique degree programme fosters young professionals towards innovative and independent career goals.
Programme Specific Outcomes
The graduates of the M.Sc. (ESRM) programme would be able to,
- Attain knowledge of concepts and methods for a universal understanding of the environment and natural resources and its sustainable use for environmental problem solving
- Learn various environmental and policy tools and techniques with cross sectoral overview to effectively converse with all the stakeholders (policymakers, scientists and communities)
- Understand the transnational character of environmental problems and ways of addressing them, including interactions between humans and environment across scales and sectors
- Reveal aptitude in quantitative methods, qualitative analysis, critical thinking, and written and oral communication needed to conduct work as interdisciplinary scholars and practitioners
- A Bachelor's degree in Science/Engineering/Economics/Mathematics/Statistics/Geology/Geography with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 6.75 on a 10 point scale or equivalent, as determined by TERI SAS, wherever letter grades are awarded, or 60% marks in aggregate, wherever marks are awarded. For candidates with bachelor's degree in Humanities (e.g. Economics/Geography), a relaxation of 5%/0.75 Cumulative Grade Point Average could be allowed.
Last date of receipt of applications forms: 7 July 2023
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd