Applications Invited for Ph.D. (Integrated) Program in Biotechnology 2021
Institute Name: Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB)
Apply By: 07 Aug 2021
About the Organization:
Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) is an academic institution established by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India with regional and global partnerships synergizing with the programmes of UNESCO as a Category II Centre. The primary focus of RCB is to provide world class education, training and conduct innovative research at the interface of multiple disciplines to create high quality human resource in disciplinary and interdisciplinary areas of biotechnology in a globally competitive research milieu. In 2016, RCB was recognised as an Institution of National Importance by the Parliament of India.
PhD (Integrated) Programme in Biotechnology 2021
The PhD (Integrated) Programme (MSc-PhD Programme in Biotechnology) is offered to students with a graduate degree in any discipline of Science, Engineering or Medicine. The programme in its first year (1st and 2nd semester) provides extensive learning opportunities in the broad field of life sciences and biotechnology through rigorous classroom teaching and hands-on laboratory experiments
- Students with 60% aggregate marks (or an equivalent grade point average) in Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Science, Engineering, or Medicine are eligible to apply for admission.
- Students from the SC, ST, OBC (non-creamy layer), and PWD categories shall be given a relaxation of 5% aggregate marks.
- Students in the final year of their qualifying degree programme are also eligible to apply provided that they produce proof of having secured the required marks in their undergraduate degree programme at the time of admission to the PhD (Integrated) Programme in Biotechnology.
- Eligible students are required to appear for the Graduate Aptitude Test-Biotechnology (GAT-B).
- Shortlisted students based on their performance in the GAT-B, shall be invited for an interview and their subsequent selection to the PhD (Integrated) Programme in Biotechnology will be based on the performance in the interview.
- The interview is meant to assess the student for his/ her aptitude and interest in a career in scientific research and development.
The Indian and Foreign students admitted to the program shall receive the RCB /Ramachandran-DBT fellowship of Rs. 16000 per month for the first 2 years of the program, after which an Indian student is required to qualify for the junior/senior research fellowships offered by CSIR, ICMR, DBT, or other funding agencies.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd