Applications Invited for Ph.D. Program
Institute Name: Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Apply By: 17 Jan 2023
About the Organization
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad is the number 1 business school in India, located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. The school has been accorded the status of an Institute of National Importance by Ministry of Human Resources, Government of India in 2017.
About the Program
The IIMA Ph.D. Program welcomes individuals with a solid academic foundation, a high level of motivation, and the intellectual curiosity to do innovative research. The curriculum prepares students for careers in academia and industrial research.
Candidates may submit applications for the following areas of high levels of specialization:
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems
- Innovation and Management in Education
- Organizational Behavior
- Production and Quantitative Methods
- Public Systems
Students spend an average of four to five years in the programme, which includes two years of intensive coursework. Beginning with the first term, students take advanced Ph.D. level courses in their area of high levels of specialization, as well as some suggested Post Graduate Programme (PGP) courses that provide a comprehensive management overview and develop fundamental skills for analysing managerial issues. After completing the coursework, students must pass an Area Comprehensive Examination to demonstrate that they have attained a high level of expertise in their area of high levels of specialization. Students then work on their doctoral dissertations. It is intended that these dissertations will make original contributions to an area of management or one of management's parent disciplines.
Students admitted to the programme get a comprehensive fellowship that covers all expenses and provides for living expenses. IIMA has excellent computing facilities, library, and faculty resources. IIMA faculty members actively publish in scholarly journals and advise with businesses and governments in and out of the country. Case writing and related research are actively pursued by the faculty and students. The Ph.D. Programme places its graduates in teaching, research, and consulting roles with world class organizations. A total of 422 doctoral students have graduated from IIMA so far.
- A Master's Degree or Two-year Post Graduate Diploma (obtained after completing a bachelor's degree with 55% marks or equivalent) or a 5-year Integrated Master's Degree (obtained after completing higher secondary school in the 10+2 pattern) in any field with 55% marks or equivalent.
- Professional qualification - CA, CS, CMA (with a minimum of 50% marks) in addition to a bachelor's degree (with at least 55% marks).
- A four-year / eight-semester Bachelor's degree with a minimum CGPA of 6.5/10 or comparable grades.
- Note that the Bachelor's/ Master's degree or equivalent qualification should be from any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956; or be recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India; or possess an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE.
- Candidates in their last year of a Master's/ Bachelor's programme that would qualify them to apply may also apply. Such candidates, if selected, will only be allowed to join the programme provisionally if they submit a certificate latest by May 31, 2023 from the Principal/Head of the Department/Registrar or Director of the university/institute (issued on or before May 31, 2023) stating that they have appeared for the examinations (including practical examinations) in all the subjects required for obtaining the Master's/Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification.
- Their admission will be confirmed when they submit mark sheets and a certificate of having completed the Master's/Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification referred in the certificate issued by the Principal/Registrar of their college/institution. The deadline for the submission of Marksheet and the Certificate is December 31, 2023.
How to Apply
Online Application Form and Brochure will be made available on the institute website. Candidates may submit applications for a maximum of two areas of high levels of specialization using the online application form. An application fee of Rs.500/- can be paid through IIMA's payment gateway. The last date for submitting the application will be January 17, 2023.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd