Applications Invited for Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Environment Management and Law
Institute Name: WWF-India
Apply By: 20 Sep 2021
About the Organization
WWF-India is one of the largest conservation organisations engaged in wildlife and nature conservation in the country. Established as a Charitable Trust on November 27, 1969, it has an experience of over four decades in the field. From a modest beginning, the organisation has been propelled forward by the efforts of its founders and associates who volunteered their time and energy to lend momentum to the conservation movement. Today, it is recognized as a premier international conservation non-governmental organisation in the country dealing with nature conservation, environmental protection and development-related issues. At a time when the Web of Life has come under increasing threats, WWF-India's attempts have been to find and implement solutions so that human beings can live in harmony with nature, and leave for future generations a world rich in natural resources and natural wonders. To suit India's specific ecological and socio-cultural situation, WWF-India articulated its mission in 1987 as follows:
About the Programme
The Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Environment Management and Law (PGDUEML) is a specialized course that focuses on strengthening the delivery capacity of urban administrators and environment professionals. PGDUEML is designed to provide in-depth knowledge and understanding of existing urban laws, by-laws and policies. The course seeks to equip its participants to tackle the loopholes in the present institutional mechanisms for managing urban matters, to propose innovative changes as are necessary in existing laws to find convergence with urban environmental management practices; as well as to effectively implement existing urban laws/policies by blending them with fast changing needs and expectations of a dynamic urban society. Moving forward, it is going to be increasingly tougher to look at urban planning and the environment in isolation; local legislations like building bye-laws are already moving towards incorporating environmental clearances and conditions within them and it is likely that these lines will be further blurred in the future.
Keeping these developments in mind, the course is intended towards the training and capacity building of all those persons concerned with and involved in improving living conditions and quality of life for urban citizens in various capacities by providing them with policy prescriptions, innovations for better urban governance, information and training inputs. It aims to strengthen the human resource pool by creating efficient urban managers.
The objective of the programme is to:
- Provide background knowledge as well as practical tools for addressing crucial urban problems at both policy and implementation level.
- Enable the participants to propose changes as are necessary in laws to find convergence with urban environmental management practices.
- Present and discuss urban management in the broader perspective of environmental governance and sustainable development issues.
- Train the urban professionals to optimally utilize financial and technical resources or materials ensuring good governance locally, regionally and nationally
The programme would be useful for personnel of local/state level urban development authorities, urban planners/mangers, local level policymakers, professionals from ministries, private sector employees, the academia and civil society organisations. The PG Diploma program provides the participants a platform to explore the key aspects of urban management and would provide them with exposure to the best practices in urban governance, particularly in light of environmental conservation.
Graduation in any stream. Work experience, although not necessary, but of a minimum of two years in the relevant field is desirable. Admission will be granted strictly on merit and at the discretion of a selection panel. In some cases, the Applicant may be required to appear for a telephonic interview.
Duration and Pedagogy
- ‘Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Environmental Management and Law’ is a one-year programme which is divided into two semesters.
- The diploma is offered in English as the only medium of instruction.
- All other aspects such as course content, timelines, course curriculum, examinations and discussion forum will be conducted in the online mode.
- Webinars and online discussion will be organised during course duration and we do not offer physical or online classes.
Mode of study
- Mode of instruction will be online only. We do not provide hard copy of the study/reading material.
- All course requirements like assignments, discussion forum and exam papers will be posted online.
- Participants will be provided with soft copy study/reading material.
Syllabus and Detailed Structure:
- PGDUEML comprises of 36 Credits or 600 Marks. It consists of 6 courses - 5 theory courses and 1 project work. Courses I, II, III, IV, V and VI will be of 6 credits each. All courses are compulsory
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd