TRANSFORMING INDIA INITIATIVE- SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROGRAM
Applications Open | Apply Now
Admissions Close: July 31st, 2021
About Transforming India Initiative- Social Entrepreneurship Program
Access Livelihoods' Transforming India Initiative provides a platform through which entrepreneurs and enterprises are equipped to discover, dream, design and develop. The programs on offer area 2-year integrated program consisting of a 6-month foundational program certified by Institute of Rural Management (IRMA) and an 18-month Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Social Entrepreneurship (EPGDSE) offered in partnership with Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai (TISS) and the 18-month EPGDSE.
The 2-year program is designed to facilitate holistic development of the seeker and has four pillars that aim at transforming the heart, body, mind and soul. For the first 6 months, seekers will be part of classroom sessions led by experts and social entrepreneurs who will share fundamentals of Self Transformation, Entrepreneurial Skills, Entrepreneurial Mindset and Enterprise Excellence.This will be followed by 18 months of Practicum experiece wherein seekers will lead their own entrepreneurial initiative within a partner social enterprise. The two years consist of program elements like Travel Workshop, Reflection Workshop, Social Entrepreneur Saturdays aimed at building exposure of the seekers. At the end of the program, seekers will be awarded a 6 month Facilitated Learning certificate from Institute of Rural Management, Anand (IRMA) and a 18-month Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Social Entrepreneurship from Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai (TISS).
The 18-month Executive PG Diploma aims to teach seekers the necessary practical skills necessary to become a social entrepreneur. The seekers spend 18 months on ground with a partner social enterprise where they work on starting and managing an initiative for the enterprise. They will be part of 9 reflection workshops consisting of practitioner led management courses and mentorship sessions by experts. To support seekers in the process, the TII team and industry experts will be assisting them throughout the 18 months. The EPGDSE is awarded by TISS.
Some partners the Seekers are working with currently are Head Held High, Rural Development Trust, Swasti, SAFA, Chitrika etc. The scope of their projects ranges widely from livelihoods enhancement, mental health & menstrual hygiene, integrated rural development to reimagining education for govt. schools.
Who can apply?
Open to motivated graduates from any discipline. Both freshers & experienced professionals are welcome to apply.
Duration of the course
- 2 years – Integrated Program: 6-month Certificate Program in Social Entrepreneurship (IRMA)+ 18-month Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Social Entrepreneurship (TISS)
- 18-months – Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Social Entrepreneurship (TISS)
Expected Programme Outcome
- Participants would learn about starting & running a social entrepreneurship in a hand-on /experiential manner
- Participants will get an eco-system of support to design and start their own social enterprise
- Participants will get the opportunity to get placed in leading social enterprises
- Executive PG Diploma in Social Entrepreneurship by Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS)
- Certificate in Social Entrepreneurship by Institute of Rural Management, Anand (IRMA) (for participants of the 2-year program only)
1. Register & apply on the TII SEP web platform (Apply Now)
2. Community challenge + Direct Assessment (Interview)
Medium of Instruction
a) In-class sessions (Facilitated Learning)
(Residential Campus - Hyderabad)
b) Field Based Learning (Practicum)
Unique Program Elements
- Rural immersion, Urban immersion & Travel workshops
- Sharing circles & one to one mentoring meetings
- Support from industry mentors