Applications Invited for the Teach For India Fellowship
Organization: Teach For India
Apply By: 29 Jan 2023
About the Organization
At Teach For India, we believe leadership for education is the solution. We are building a movement of leaders who will eliminate educational inequity in India.
About the Fellowship
The Teach For India Fellowship program is an opportunity for India’s brightest and most promising individuals , from the nation’s best universities and workplaces, to serve as full-time teachers to children from underserved communities in some of the nation’s most under-resourced schools. Through this experience of teaching in classrooms and working with key education stakeholders like students, principals and parents, our Fellows get exposed to the grassroot realities of India’s education system and begin to cultivate the knowledge, skills, and mindsets necessary to attain positions of leadership in education and identify their role in building a wider movement for educational equity in the country.
Our Fellows transform the life paths of children in their classroom, and in turn, transform themselves towards leadership in educational equity.
Our Fellows are placed as full-time teachers, for 2 years, in government or low-income private schools. They teach English, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies, in English, across Grades 1 to 10. Teach For India Fellows teach on-ground in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune.
Given the current reality, we are continuing the blended model of asynchronous and synchronous learning, but as state COVID advisories permit, we have begun returning to classrooms full time.
- In our Fellows, we look for leaders to join a movement towards educational equity. Aside from passion and commitment to the movement, we look for leadership potential that can develop through the two-year Fellowship.
- Our Fellows must possess skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, setting and achieving ambitious goals and have a high bar of expectations for themselves and others. They must demonstrate interpersonal skills through their interactions with various stakeholders, along with academic excellence.
- We look for diversity in our cohort. Our Fellows come from across the world representing over 300 college campuses and companies, with varied life experiences, expertise and professional experiences. Our cohorts include college graduates, working professionals, and entrepreneurs.
- In order to be eligible to apply to the Fellowship program, you must be an Indian Citizen or an Overseas Citizen of India, you must have graduated with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree by June/July 2023, and this must be your first application to the 2023 cohort of the Teach For India Fellowship.
- Note that prior teaching experience is not necessary to apply to the Teach For India Fellowship. We provide rigorous training to all Fellows to set them up for success in their classrooms.
How to Apply
Applications for the 2023 cohort of the Fellowship are now open!
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd