Applications invited for Sightsavers India Fellowship Program for Ophthalmologists
Apply By: 31 May 2020
Sightsavers is a global development organisation that has been working in India since 1966 to eliminate avoidable blindness and to ensure that people who are irreversibly blind are supported adequately to lead lives of independence and dignity. Over the past five decades, Sightsavers has reached out to over 55 million people with potential eye problems till date.
As of now, we work in 100 districts across 8 states of India bringing eye healthcare, educational support, counselling, training and leadership development to visually impaired people in some of the least served areas of the country.
Despite major advances in affordable technology and innovative models of eye health care delivery, blindness due to avoidable causes such as cataract and uncorrected refractive error is still a major public health issue in India. On one hand there are high volume centers of excellence
located in select few locations that can provide state of the art care to all (that can reach these centers). On the other, vast majority of rural and semi urban districts starve of any health care at all.
There is a huge gap in the availability and distribution of skilled ophthalmologists if we are to respond to this challenge of blindness.
Sightsavers India Fellowship Program
Sightsavers India Fellowship is an opportunity for promising and passionate young ophthalmologists to get trained at some of the leading eye health institutes in India. Alongside, the fellows will get a chance to apply these skills and knowledge in a real world scenario while being placed under Sightsavers India Eye Health Programme.
The program will identify five promising young ophthalmologists from India and groom them through an innovative course to enhance their perspectives on rural eye health.
Over the period of 24 months, the fellows will experience a structured skill enhancement and mentoring process covering not only clinical and surgical ophthalmology but also managerial and holistic life skills. The process involves skills upgradation components and personal interactions with eminent leaders in eye care and development sector. Every stage of the fellowship program will optimize learning that will help the fellows transform into all-rounder seasoned professionals.
The individual should be a post graduate or a diploma holder in ophthalmology (MS/DNB/DO) from any recognized institute/ university in India (2020 pass outs are eligible to apply), having sound knowledge on clinical ophthalmology.
Attractive appreciative stipend through the fellowship period:
- Initial four months training period; INR 35,000 per month.
- 1st year of field posting; INR 65,000 per month
- 2nd year of field posting; INR 75, 000 per month
- A lump-sum will be paid as one-time payment upon successful completion of year 1 and 2.
- The fellows will be covered under mediclaim, accident, term and
- professional indemnity insurance.
The two year cycle will come to a closure after certification and the valediction ceremony. After completion of fellowship, the fellow may choose to:
- May be recommended for other sub/super - specialty fellowships at one of the training partners based on feedback of clinical mentors.
- May decide to continue with Sightsavers hospital partners as their staff, if agreed mutually;
- Completely depart from the program as per their personal aspirations;The alumni fellows will be encouraged to stay connected with the program as visiting faculty and interact with future candidates and showcase
- their achievements using the platform
Deadline - 31st May 2020
To apply, please click here
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd