Applications Invited for Hilton Humanitarian Prize
Organization: Hilton Foundation
Event Duration: 01 Feb. 2024 - 30 May. 2024
Apply By: 30 Apr 2024
About the Organization
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is a family foundation established in 1944 by the man who started Hilton Hotels. We provide funds to nonprofit organizations working to improve the lives of individuals living in poverty and experiencing disadvantage throughout the world.
About the Prize
At $2.5 million, the Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize is the world’s largest annual humanitarian award presented to a nonprofit organization judged to have made extraordinary contributions toward alleviating human suffering. The Prize is not only intended to recognize and advance the efforts of the recipient organization, but also to call attention to the worldwide need for humanitarian aid and to encourage others to expand their support.
- Nominees must be organizations, not individuals.
- Nominees must be established, nongovernmental, publicly supported charitable organizations. U.S. Internal Revenue Service tax-exempt status—or the equivalent for international organizations—will determine eligibility. (International nominees will be contacted by the Foundation for appropriate documentation.)
- Nominees must be legally established for at least five years in order to be considered.
- Nominees must have their own audited financial statements for at least five consecutive years.
- Nominees must have expenditures greater than U.S. $750,000 in their most recent audited fiscal year of operation.
- Nominees may not be a Hilton Humanitarian Prize Laureate or a local office or member organization of a Prize Laureate.
- Nominees may not be local offices or member organizations of parent organizations or fiscally sponsored organizations.
- Nominees may not be specific programs within organizations or university-based projects.
- Nominees may not be academic institutions, such as colleges or universities that provide educational degrees, however, nominees may be an affiliate of academic institutions so long as they maintain an independent tax-exempt status, or equivalent for international organizations, and produce their own audited financials.
- The nominator should have direct knowledge of the nominated organization’s work.
- The nominator may not be an officer or employee, or any individual receiving remuneration for his or her services from the nominated organization. Board members may nominate providing they receive no payment for their service.
- The nominator may not be a family member of an officer or employee of the nominated organization.
- The nominator may not be the founder of the nominated organization.
- The nominator may not be a Conrad N. Hilton Foundation employee, board member, Prize Juror or a family member of a Foundation employee, board member, or Prize Juror.
- The nominator may not be a Hilton family member.
- The nominator must submit a signed nomination letter in English through the nominations portal
How to Apply
2025 Prize: January 2024 – April 30, 2024
For more information please check the Link
Stay in the loop with the newest RFPs and Grants through NGOBOX's WhatsApp Channel. Join now by clicking here!
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd