Applications Invited for Qatar Foundation’s Art Contest: ‘The Untold Stories of Resilience’
Organization: Qatar Foundation
Event Duration: 13 Nov. 2020 - 13 Nov. 2020
Apply By: 15 Oct 2020
About the Organization:
Qatar Foundation is a non-profit organization made up of more than 50 entities working in education, research, and community development. Their unique ecosystem—supported by partnerships with leading international institutions—is built on initiatives that address our most pressing challenges, create global opportunities, and empower people to shape our present and future.
Art Contest: ‘The Untold Stories of Resilience’
To capture the world’s artistic responses to COVID-19, The Qatar Foundation and Qatar Museums are organizing a digital Art Contest and online exhibition in the framework of the Paris Peace Forum. It’s titled ‘The Untold Stories of Resilience’ and will highlight human resilience in times of crisis.
‘The Untold Stories of Resilience’ exhibition focuses on the human ability of positive adaptation during the COVID-19 pandemic, and how this stressful time brought us all together to overcome it.
This is an invitation for all artists and creatives to share their artistic interpretation of this human resilience. It’s an opportunity to participate in recording the history we’re all living through and documenting the collective strength through art.
- All artists over the age of 16 from around the world are encouraged to submit their work to be considered for the exhibition. Galleries or agents representing artists are also accepted. Artists working in all mediums and forms of expression are welcome to apply.
- The contest encourages all thoughtful interpretations of the theme. Priority will be given to those works that investigate issues and topics relevant to the community, are intellectually accessible, and provide opportunities for reflection to audience.
- Only artwork that utilizes digital technology in its process will be accepted for the content. Examples include digital painting, digital drawing, digital photography, pixel art, digital collage, videography, animation, VR, renders of functional art/product design, and any kind of 2D or 3D visual media or 2D or 3D digital imagery.
- Scans or photographs of original artworks are not accepted.
- Shortlisted artworks will have the opportunity to be featured on foundation social media channels.
- Additionally, the final three winners will receive an event ticket and accommodation to attend a TED event in Doha taking place in 2022.
Below are the key dates for the timeline of the contest and online submission:
- 7 September 2020: Submission starts
- 15 October 2020: Submission closes
- 1 November 2020: Shortlisted artworks announced
- 13 November 2020: Winners announced at Paris Peace Forum
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd