Applications Invited for Brevard Zoo Conservation Fund Grant
Organization: Brevard Zoo
Apply By: 30 Sep 2023
Grant Amount: 25000 USD
About the Organization
We are a small zoo that does big things.
We Share Our Joy of Nature to Help Wildlife and People Thrive.”
To support that mission, we focus on:
- Caring responsibly, professionally and passionately for our animals
- Connecting visitors to the natural world through a relevant, unique and enjoyable Zoo experiences
- Educating diverse audiences through authentic learning activities and through our on-going partnership with Brevard Public Schools and other educational providers
- Inspiring and engaging our community in conservation action through participation
- Achieving conservation results by working directly with Florida species, supporting international programs and developing training programs and workshops
- Contributing to the financial health of the region through prudent, accountable and entrepreneurial management
About the Grant
The Brevard Zoo Conservation Fund (BZCF) fulfills that mission by funding wildlife conservation projects, educating guests about current conservation issues, and encouraging participation of Zoo guests in conservation decisions. The vision for the Brevard Zoo Conservation Fund is local communities protecting their wildlife and wild places for future generations. The Quarters for Conservation (Q4C) program supports the Brevard Zoo Conservation Fund.
The Q4C program is funded by Brevard Zoo guests through admissions and memberships.
Selected organizations will have photos and a project summary featured at the voting station for guests to review before voting. The organization with the highest votes will be flown to Brevard Zoo to present their project in person to our audiences. Every Brevard Zoo guest has the opportunity to vote for the organization’s work which most inspires them.
In 2024, four projects will be selected to receive a $25,000 grant through the Q4C program. If selected, two organizations will receive funds in January 2024 and the other two in July 2024. Brevard Zoo will assign the selected organizations funding schedule based on the project's need and focal species or ecosystem. Availability of funding is based on guest admissions.
- Applicants must be a non-profit wildlife conservation organization
- A final report must be sent within a year of receiving funds
- While applications are open to all conservation projects in any country, priority consideration will be given to proposals based in Central and South America, and the Caribbean.
- Priority consideration will be given to proposals that are focused on ecosystems with high biodiversity, high conservation impact, and can be completed in a 1 year time-frame.
- Priority consideration will be given to proposals that encompass Brevard Zoo's mission by engaging and/or directly benefiting local communities that also addresses a significant conservation need that builds in-country capacity.
How to Apply
Application packages should include the following items sent in one email to Q4C@brevardzoo.org:
- Completed Q4C Application form, download here
- Three photos that show your organization or local community actively participating in conservation work, target species or habitat, community programming, etc. A link may be provided for download from a photo-sharing website.
- One-two letters of support for your organization from official sources (NGOs, Zoos/Aquariums, Universities, Governing Body, etc)
Application Deadline: September 30th, 2023
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd