Applications Invited for Energy Transition Changemakers
Organization: COP28 UAE Presidency
Apply By: 09 Oct 2023
About the Organization
COP28 UAE brings the world together at a critical moment for global transformative climate action. To deliver on its ambitious agenda, COP28 will be inclusive, transparent, pragmatic, and results-oriented.
A critical moment in global transformative climate action.
In the three decades since the Rio Summit and the launch of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), the Conference of the Parties to the Convention (COP) has convened member countries every year to determine ambition and responsibilities, and identify and assess climate measures. The 21st session of the COP (COP21) led to the Paris Agreement, which mobilized global collective action to limit the global temperature increase to 1.5C above pre-industrial levels by 2100, and to act to adapt to the already existing effects of climate change.
About the Grant
Energy Transition Changemakers is a COP28 UAE Presidency initiative which aims to foster private sector collaboration in delivering innovative and scalable decarbonization projects globally and demonstrate solutions to help enable and accelerate the energy transition.
The COP28 Presidency is looking for projects from all over the world that are in development or operation that have overcome challenges through game-changing innovative solutions or approaches that have the potential to be replicated and scaled elsewhere, accelerating the just energy transition benefiting society as a whole. Companies and organizations of all sizes from all over the world are welcome to apply and projects of all types within the four eligible sectors will be considered:
- Renewables, Renewable Integration & Clean Power
- Energy Efficiency
- Low-Carbon Hydrogen
- Heavy Emitting Sectors - Steel, Cement, and Aluminum
Following the application and evaluation process, the top projects will be selected as Energy Transition Changemakers and company/organization executives will have the opportunity to present their work to an audience in separate sessions dedicated to each of the four sectors. These executives will also participate in an award event recognizing all the Changemakers from across the four sectors. These events will take place on 5 December during COP28 UAE at Expo City Dubai.
To be recognized as a COP28 Energy Transition Changemaker, we are seeking projects which fit the following eligibility criteria:
- Innovative solutions to overcome barriers and accelerate progress, including a demonstrated use of:
- Innovative strategies and business models such as novel financing methods, solutions for policy obstacles, enhanced community involvement, successful action outcomes, grid connections, and offtake agreements.
- Technical, process, and technological innovation that improves efficiency or makes use of new technologies.
Scalable solutions with the potential to be rolled out within other new and existing projects globally
- Are already in development (can be pre-FID) or have reached initial commercial operations this year (2023).
- Have overcome major challenges to demonstrate credible solutions, for example permitting, procurement, offtake agreements, and financing.
- Are making a measurable contribution to decarbonization/emissions abatement.
Applicants must be an equity holder in project(s) submitted.
How to Apply
- Application portal will be open online from 8 September to 9 October.
- The deadline to send any questions to Changemakers@cop28.com is Friday 29 September 1700 GST
- COP28 will conduct a first filter of applications for completeness and relevance to the four eligible sectors
- An international committee of sector experts from leading organizations will shortlist projects based on the innovation of the project’s technology or approach and the scalability of that technology or approach to other projects
- Top projects will be selected from the shortlist to ensure a diversity of project types, geographies, organizations, and types of innovative technologies or approaches. Selected projects will be notified by early November.
For additional questions, please contact Changemakers@cop28.com
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd