Applications Invited for Fred Morgan Kirby Prize for Scaling Impact
Organization: Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship (CASE)
Apply By: 08 Jan 2024
Grant Amount: 150000 USD
About the Organization
The Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship (CASE) is an award-winning research and education center based at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business. CASE’s mission is to prepare leaders and organizations with the business skills needed to achieve lasting social change.
Since 2002, CASE has been a leader in the field of social entrepreneurship, serving as a hub for research, teaching and practitioner engagement. We have educated thousands of MBA students and worked with thousands of organizations, funders, government agencies and researchers to help define, connect theory and practice and propel the idea of social entrepreneurship into the robust field it is today.
About the Grant
The Fred Morgan Kirby Prize for Scaling Social Impact is an annual global prize of USD $150,000 in unrestricted funds that amplifies and accelerates the work of an enterprise working to scale its impact on social or environmental problems around the world.
Named after early entrepreneur Fred Morgan Kirby, this award is made possible through the generous partnership of the F. M. Kirby Foundation.
The Kirby Prize recognizes enterprises pursuing strategic pathways to impact at scale, who are close to the challenges at hand, who center the voice and experience of the populations they serve, who have demonstrated traction, and who embody courageous and collaborative leadership. This prize is open to any legal form, geographic location, and any social or environmental impact area.
The F.M. Kirby Impact Prize is open to all impact enterprises (nonprofit, for-profit, or hybrid), working anywhere in the world, that meet the following criteria:
- Strong evidence of impact over at least 3 years and a thoughtful plan for how to use the prize to scale that impact in the next 3-5 years.
- Minimum operation budget of at least $250,000 USD. The strongest applications historically have an annual operating budget between $1-3 million USD.
- Robust, formal non-discrimination policy that protects against discrimination on the basis of marginalized identities. Marginalized identities may include, but are not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, caste, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, and disability.
- For tax reasons, international enterprise applicants must have an established presence in the US, whereby they are a US taxpayer and hold a federal taxpayer identification number. This could include those recognized as an organization exempt from federal impact tax under IRC section 501(c)3 status, a US-based fiscal sponsorship agreement, or other.
- Exemplary leadership that aligns with the core values of Fred Morgan Kirby, including integrity, resourcefulness, resilience, meaningful collaboration, and diversity.
How to Apply
Complete the Phase 1 application in the application portal by 11:59 pm EST on January 8, 2024. The selection committee will review up to the first 250 applications.
Attend the October 18 Information Session. Register here.
You can submit any additional questions about the application process here.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd