Subscribe our Weekly Newsletter
Applications Invited for Gender-Responsive Climate Finance Window Grant
Apply By: 31 Mar 2023
Grant Amount: 190000 USD
About the Organization
Convergence is the global network for blended finance. We generate blended finance data, intelligence, and deal flow to increase private sector investment in developing countries.
Our global membership includes public, private, and philanthropic investors as well as sponsors of transactions and funds. We offer this community a curated, online platform to connect with each other on blended finance transactions in progress, as well as exclusive access to tailored trainings and original knowledge products such as case studies and reports. To accelerate advances in the field, Convergence also provides grants for the design of vehicles that could attract private capital to global development at scale.
About the Grant
The Gender-Responsive Climate Finance Window , made possible with support from the Government of Canada, will award early-stage grant funding for the design and launch of innovative blended finance vehicles focused on the intersection of climate change and gender equality in emerging markets globally.
There has been a growing awareness of the climate-gender nexus over the past decade, but the field remains nascent. This Window aims to build the field by supporting a pipeline of climate-gender blended finance vehicles to reach bankability. Blended finance vehicles supported by the Window will be anchored by three key objectives:
The mobilization of private sector capital at scale to finance gender-responsive climate change mitigation and/or adaptation in emerging markets;
The integration of gender equality into the design, implementation, and operations of vehicles, rather than as a “bolt-on feature” or “nice-to-have”;
Strong alignment with Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 5 (Gender Equality), SDG 13 (Climate Action), and SDG 17 (Partnerships for the Goals) at the minimum.
Applicants can apply for feasibility study or proof-of-concept funding.
- Grants range between USD 40,000 to USD 190,000.
- Funding to explore the feasibility of the vehicle. For example, a combination of the following activities would be eligible:
- Assessing the investability/bankability of the transaction
- Conducting market scoping
- Conducting a gender analysis and stakeholder consultations
- Designing the vehicle structure
- Promising feasibility studies funded through this window may be considered for follow-on proof-of-concept funding.
Feasibility study applications must be able to 1) present an initial vehicle structure and investment thesis, and 2) demonstrate early engagement with potential investors and relevant stakeholders.
Proof of concept
- Grants range between USD 190,000 to USD 500,000.
- If a feasibility study (or equivalent) has been completed, then funding would be provided to complete all design and structuring activities to launch the vehicle. For example, a combination of the following activities would be eligible:
- Finalizing the capital structure and financial model
- Fundraising and marketing activities with prospective investors
- Final selection of implementing partners
- Finalizing the legal structure and producing key documents needed to launch the vehicle
- Development of a gender action plan (or equivalent) based on the gender analysis from prior feasibility work
- Proof-of-concept applications will be expected to present 1) interest and ideally commitment from investors and relevant stakeholders to participate in the vehicle, and 2) a financial model.
To be eligible for consideration, proposals must meet the following criteria:
- The proposal must be for the design and launch of a blended finance vehicle.
- See our grant portfolio for examples of vehicles supported by Convergence under past Design Funding windows.
- Vehicles MUST target either climate change mitigation and/or adaptation, AND integrate a strong gender equality focus.
OECD-DAC List of ODA Recipients
Sector Any sector(s) and sub-sector(s) aligned with climate change mitigation, adaptation and gender equality. For example, potential sectors and sub-sectors could include the following:
Climate Change Mitigation:
- Low-carbon transportation
- Renewable energy generation (on-grid and off-grid)
- Energy efficiency
- Agriculture, forestry and land use
- natural resource management
- Energy transmission, storage, and distribution
Climate Change Adaptation:
- Sustainable/climate smart agriculture or aquaculture
- Climate-related insurance and disaster resilience
- Nature-based infrastructure
- Ecosystem-based adaptation
- Waste and wastewater management
Proposals are only accepted from organizations or consortia of organizations.
- For example, eligible organizations could include asset owners, asset managers, advisory firms, foundations, not-for-profit organizations, and corporations.
- The lead organization must be able to provide 1) proof of incorporation, and 2) financial statements for the previous fiscal year.
How to apply
Prospective applicant submits a concept note
- Follow the instructions provided to submit a concept note and supplemental materials (eg, pitch deck) by the deadline date.
Select applicants are invited to submit a full proposal for funding consideration (by invitation only)
- Convergence will review all concept notes and supporting materials received. Due to the high volume of applications, Convergence will only contact applicants selected to receive a template and submit a full proposal.
- Convergence reviews full proposals according to the eligibility and evaluation criteria outlined on the website and shortlists proposals. Convergence may request additional information on the proposal as necessary.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd