Applications Invited for Khyentse Foundation Trisong Grants
Organization: Khyentse Foundation
Apply By: 30 Sep 2022
Grant Amount: 5000 USD
About the Organization
Khyentse Foundation is a nonprofit organization founded in 2001 by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche to support all traditions of Buddhist study and practice. Since 2001, the foundation has supported individuals and institutions in more than 30 countries and has directly affected the lives of people around the world. Khyentse Foundation activities include major text preservation and translation projects, support for traditional monastic colleges in Asia, a worldwide scholarship and awards program, academic development of Buddhist studies in major universities, training and development for Buddhist leaders and teachers, Buddhist education for children, support for individual study and retreats, and more.
About the Grant
Khyentse Foundation Trisong Grants aim to identify and support individuals and organizations that are working to promote mental health and well-being in the world, through projects and programs that have a foundation in Buddha’s wisdom. In difficult or turbulent times, people may not know where to look for help and Khyentse Foundation wants to find new ways for people to experience the benefits of Buddha’s teachings. Projects do not need to be outwardly Buddhist, but they should be rooted in Buddhist view and practice and share in values that alleviate suffering, encourage emotional well-being, and strengthen both physical and mental health.
We encourage applications that offer innovative, creative, and skillful solutions to sharing a Buddhist view of basic well-being. Most of our applications come from Buddhist practitioners or groups. Examples of applications that may be well-received include:
- A Buddhist center offering hospice service or training people in end-of-life care
- A project using art or performance therapy in a group setting
- Doing outreach and social work for people in need
- Using Buddhist concepts to help people struggling with addiction
- A program to visit schools and talk to young people about managing their emotions in difficult times
- Developing a Buddhist chaplaincy curriculum
- A Buddhist center hosting an informal event for the local community
- A project to offer a group meditation program in a prison setting
- Starting a Buddhist based depression and anxiety support group
- Using pastoral counselling to help others through challenges
- A program Introducing families to meditation
We are interested in learning about how your work will help others, care for those in need, and share Buddha’s wisdom and values, with new people in contemporary ways.
- Trisong Grant awards are generally in the $5,000 range but can be more. Award amounts will depend on the scope and needs of the project.
How to Apply
Applications are reviewed by a committee of mental health and resilience professionals.
- KF accepts Trisong Grant applications twice a year, from March 1 to 31 and from September 1 to 30. Applications are due by midnight Eastern Time on the last day of the application period and late submissions will not be accepted.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd