Applications Invited for 2020 Blog Writing Competition
Organization: ISWA Young Professionals Group
Event Duration: 23 Oct. 2020 - 23 Oct. 2020
Apply By: 02 Oct 2020
About the Organization:
ISWA Young Professionals Group was set-up in 2013 by enthusiastic young professionals from around the world who share a passion for sustainable resource management. They make global connections among people, knowledge and ideas aimed at improving waste and resource management practices.To fulfil this mission they undertake a range of initiatives, including building local networks, sharing developments and best practice in waste and resource management and fostering future leaders of the industry.
ISWA - the International Solid Waste Association - is a global, independent and non-profit making association, working in the public interest and is the only worldwide association promoting sustainable, comprehensive and professional waste management.
2020 Blog Writing Competition
The International Solid Waste Association (ISWA) Young Professionals Group (YPG) calls on young professionals and students from around the world to create a blog post exploring how COVID-19 exposed fragilities and strengths of waste management worldwide. Take part to win the publication at Waste Management World Magazine and win a yearly ISWA membership.
The theme of this year’s competition, ‘Impacts and opportunities from COVID-19’, is a challenge for all of us to join the ongoing discussion aimed at improving waste and resource management - minimize waste generation, improve resilience and unveil the excellence of the ground workforce.
This competition fits perfectly with the ISWA YPG’s 2020 flagship project #TheFaceBehindMyWaste which is a global campaign to celebrate the people who collect waste all around the world. Increasing knowledge on the conditions of people working in waste during COVID-19 pandemic and get their ideas about how to prevent waste generation and improve collection and separation.
Bloggers are challenged to envision how individuals, communities, waste management companies, municipalities and government can increase the resilience of the waste sector and share best practices.
Entries should be original, engaging, passionate, and no longer than 600 words. Participants can increase their chances of winning by promoting their posts on social media, as the resonance of blogs will be considered by the judges.
- Entries must be in English. Writing should be concise and correct. British or American spelling is accepted if used consistently throughout the post.
- Entrants must be between 18 and 35 years of age.
- Entries must be submitted by the author and not on someone else’s behalf.
- Each entrant may only submit one blog post.
- The blog post must be original.
- All sources must be cited using either APA or Chicago style.
- It is not a requirement to be a member of ISWA. However, participants (especially those who are considering a career in the waste industry) are encouraged to join ISWA to access invaluable benefits and support to progress in their careers. Discounted participation rates to ISWA events and Congresses are available to students.
- 1st winner – Blog publication at Waste Management World magazine and ISWA website – blog section. A two-year individual ISWA membership (worth up to €400)
- 2nd winner – a one-year individual ISWA membership (worth up to €200)
- 3rd Winner – a one-year individual ISWA membership (worth up to €200)
- Open for Blog submission: 17th August 2020
- Blog Submission Deadline: 2nd October 2020
- Winners Announcement: 23rd October 2020
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd