Applications Invited for Art4Resilience: Knowledge Into Use Award
Organization: Global Resilience Partnership
Event Duration: 01 Dec. 2023 - 01 Dec. 2023
Apply By: 17 Sep 2023
About the Organization
The Global Resilience Partnership advances resilience through identifying and scaling on the ground innovation, generating and sharing knowledge, and shaping policy. Resilience underpins sustainable development in an increasingly unpredictable world. We envisage an inclusive world in harmony with nature, that is better prepared to cope with shocks, adapt to change, and transform – all within planetary boundaries.
GRP is made up of 60+ organisations that have joined forces to work together towards this vision.
About the Award
Last year, we launched the “Knowledge into Use” awards to uncover creative and innovative ways of showcasing and using resilience knowledge. This year, we are excited to announce the second round of the awards! The “Knowledge into Use” awards provide a unique opportunity to ignite resilience, celebrate creativity, and embrace innovation in engaging with the latest resilience evidence.
Nabeel Peterson, a former Knowledge into Use award winner, partnered with academics at the University of Cape Town to capture stories of community-based, climate resilience activities through comics and murals. These pieces of art aim to raise the awareness among the university students and lecturers on the communities’ water vulnerability and resilience. This in turn, aims to inspire students and lecturers to incorporate new ways of doing research, like art and storytelling, that include the communities’ stories and have local impact.
We call upon individuals and organisations to tap into their artistic potential, merge it with sound evidence, and identify or document innovative approaches to resilience evidence. We are looking for art and creative works to visualise knowledge and evidence. Prizes of 100,000 Swedish Krona will be awarded to the winners across three categories: performing arts (theatre, music, improv, music and folk performances, etc.), visualising evidence (art installations, graphics, animations, chronicling recipes and cuisines that are climate resilient, etc.), and participatory approaches connecting arts and science (citizen science, participatory arts, gamification, etc.).
- Receive a grant of 100,000 Swedish Krona to develop their creative resilience project;
- Exhibit their creative art work during COP28 and/or Gobeshona 2024;
- Become a part of a growing community of practice on resilience evidence, called the Resilience Evidence Coalition
- Get invited to participate in GRP and partner events like CBA, Gobeshona, etc;
- Get support from the GRP communications team to write stories on the progress made in the project and publish them on the Resilience Platform and GRP website;
- Coordinate with the GRP communications team to create social media products for outreach of their organisation and products.
- 1 art installation or a diverse range of creative outputs, such as well-produced performance videos, visual graphics, cartoons, recipes, and citizen science initiatives like murals, showcasing the project’s vision and concept
- Process documentation (script + motivation of performance art, description of participatory approaches, etc)
- At least 2 social media posts (high resolution photos, short videos, etc)
- At least 2 Resilience Resources (either story or solution) on the Resilience Platform
- The entries should be from registered organisations only.
- If individual artists, science communicators or knowledge brokers want to apply, they can partner with registered organisations. The grant contract can only be awarded to a registered organisation.
- Organisations and candidates based in the Global South and youth-led organisations are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Countries ineligible to apply are: Russia, Belarus, Cuba, Afghanistan, Somalia, Syria, Iran and North Korea.
How to Apply
Submit the concept note and the creative piece that adheres to the instructions above in this google form by 17 September 2023.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd